Slotted Trim Screws for Scaglietti Car

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

mechaniker

Slotted Trim Screws for Scaglietti Car

Post by mechaniker »

Hello,

I´m searching for about 30 M5x25 Slotted Trim Screws as used on Scaglietti Cars between 61 to 63.

At the moment I use these stainless steel ones, as they are the only easy available screws, that are at least similar. http://www.evt-schraubenshop.de/EDELSTA ... _1529.html After using fine Sandpaper and polishing them, they look like chromed. Their muschroom head is much to domed and the edge is to thin, so they look fat. See atached picture.

I still have 7 old used original ones, but they are way to bad to use anymore. See attached pictures.

Where do I get these? I know, that MPI Ferrari had some on their old Web Shop, but they don´t list them anymore. The ones offered by Newco are the same I´m using at the moment.

Thank You for any help!
Attachments
IMG_3593.JPG
IMG_3593.JPG (43.18 KiB) Viewed 5482 times
IMG_3592.JPG
IMG_3592.JPG (45.27 KiB) Viewed 5482 times
The currently used screw
The currently used screw
IMG_3162.JPG (27.74 KiB) Viewed 5482 times
John Vardanian

Re: Slotted Trim Screws for Scaglietti Car

Post by John Vardanian »

You might try Restoration Supply, if you haven't already. You may also try Newco Products. Finding the exact-looking fasteners is one of the hardest jobs of restoration. Good luck.

www.restorationstuff.com/
http://www.newcoproducts.com/

john
PF Coupe
mechaniker

Post by mechaniker »

Thanks for the Link to Restauration Supply.

The screws Newco is offering also seem to be to bulky. But hard to tell from their pictures. And I would prefer not to use Stainless Steel.

Greets
BobA

Post by BobA »

You might check out McMaster-Carr. They carry an extensive line of fasteners and the binding head slotted machine srews look very close as well as the pan heads. They are available in metrics
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

The brass screws you get today will have the same head as the stainless you already have. But, you turn these in a lathe to flatten the dome and trim the perimeter. They will then have the same profile as the originals. The one thing you cannot fix is the width of the slots. The modern ones have much wider slots.

john
PF Coupe
mechaniker

Post by mechaniker »

Thanks for all the suggestions. Searched at all hardwere supplyer and so far I´m not 100% happy.

I will try to modify one of the Stainless Steel screws to see, if i can get the right shape out of them. But I think, their head will become to small in diameter...

Greets