Rear Pillar Decal on GTC

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

Rear Pillar Decal on GTC

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Anyone know how to get new ones? Parker doesn't have them. thanx. stever
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
jgarman

Re: Rear Pillar Decal on GTC

Post by jgarman »

Well, now I found out I'm missing something I didn't even know I didn't have. What does this thing look like? Where does it go?
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

i'll post a picture this PM (after I quit drooling over the cars crossing the block at RM/Scottsdale). I may have a bead on the decal that goes on the pillar between the rear 1/4 window and the rear glass. I will let you know. steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

OK, try these. s
Attachments
GTC side pillar emblem for Yang.jpg
GTC side pillar emblem for Yang.jpg (149.94 KiB) Viewed 10575 times
IMG_6640.JPG
IMG_6640.JPG (167.52 KiB) Viewed 10575 times
steve meltzer,
peterp

Post by peterp »

Steve Meltzer wrote:OK, try these. s
I don't recall seeing these on any GTC. Are you sure they are original?
Peter P
1966 330 2+2 series 2 #8169
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Peter, Great point! Looking at a few GTCs from past auctions didn't yield good enough photos to be sure. This look like more of a FC question, so I'll re-post it there. good eye! thanx again. s
steve meltzer,
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Steve: The cars NEVER had those decals there!!!!
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Very cool! i have one of one! thanx, Dyke and Peter. s
steve meltzer,
tyang

Post by tyang »

I'm pretty sure it's just supposed to be body color in that hole.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

that's certainly the consensus. funny how one has the subconscious belief that your car, even if it had 10 previous owners, is somehow "correct". Thanx Peter for suggesting what should have been right in front of me! s
steve meltzer,
330GT

Post by 330GT »

Just a note, you can buy water transfer decal sheets designed for a laser printer. With an accurately sized picture of an original decal, one can use a drawing tool to reproduce most decals.

I did this for the 'TRIPLEX ELECTRICALLY HEATED" lettering for the rear window on my 330. Originally they were silk screened on, but a decal will look almost the same. Parker sells a replacement, but it is printed on a thicker plastic substrate, so doesn't look as good as a decal does.

BTW, don't use Windex (ammonia mainly) near the original silk screened lettering. That's why I needed to replace mine. It was about 1/2 wiped off when I noticed the red on the towel. Two bad they didn't sandwich the lettering between the glass layers like the fine wiring lines are.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Hi Kerry, and thanx for the advice. s
steve meltzer,
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Steve: DO NOT remove the decal!!! I have done some research and have found you have a very special GTC. I now know that the decals were personally put on the car by Enzo's brother's wife's nephew's fourth cousin, eight times removed. Not only that, but the decals were dipped in wine to apply them that came from the trophy that Fangio received when he won the Indy 500. The cloth used to dry the decals was the personal handkerchief of the ex-wife of the factory errand boy's uncle on his wifes' side, who was the second cousin of Henry Ford. KEEP THOSE DECALS!!!!
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

DWR46 wrote:Steve: DO NOT remove the decal!!! I have done some research and have found you have a very special GTC. I now know that the decals were personally put on the car by Enzo's brother's wife's nephew's fourth cousin, eight times removed. Not only that, but the decals were dipped in wine to apply them that came from the trophy that Fangio received when he won the Indy 500. The cloth used to dry the decals was the personal handkerchief of the ex-wife of the factory errand boy's uncle on his wifes' side, who was the second cousin of Henry Ford. KEEP THOSE DECALS!!!!
Steve,I have always trusted Dyke's advice in the past but this time I think he is wrong. Mike
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

OH NO!!! I took the decals off thinking they were placed there by one of Enzo's muses! Whatta tangled web we weave. Tell Marcel Massini, he ain't the only one who knows Ferrari history! steve
steve meltzer,