GTC ignition switch repair

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

GTC ignition switch repair

Post by Steve Meltzer »

The Bosch ignition relay/switch on my GTC is toast. I wonder if it is repairable? Who does this sort of thing, or is a new one the way to go?
Here are pictures of the devil. thanx. steve
Attachments
P5150071.JPG
P5150071.JPG (181.08 KiB) Viewed 5947 times
GTC switch for Yang.jpg
GTC switch for Yang.jpg (248.64 KiB) Viewed 5947 times
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
airsanford

Re: GTC ignition switch repair

Post by airsanford »

Google the Bosch #. Looks the same as Alfa and BMW from the same era.
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

thanx so much. i'll get on it in the AM! steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Hi Steve, I had a similar problem. I could switch off ignition but not the accessories. I ended up taking the switch apart and readjusting the blades. It was a not a big deal. The big deal was getting to the switch. It was a royal pain, as the dash had to be disconnected and moved forward enough so I could get my hand back there.

john
PF Coupe
250GT

Post by 250GT »

John, you are talking about the CEAM switch ,this one can be repaired but the Bosch is trash after this occasion.

as said above those can be get for less than 100 usd much cheaper than the Ceam.

best

C.
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

I had the opposite problem: fuel pump went on, but no voltage at the coil (+) with key in run position, so no start. I guess the electrons couldn't find their way to the coil! The e-pump turned off just fine. I thought I'd searched the part number, but maybe only on eBay. Anyhow, Airsanford was on the $$$: whereas both knowledgeable vendors I spoke with had 7 blade parts for $185, I found a new one, on eBay in Italy: correct 6 terminal for slightly more than $100 with shippinng. The strong dollar helped here, but is killing some of my stocks! Can't have it both ways, I guess. thanx again for the good help and advice. s
steve meltzer,