removing old ansa stickers from exhaust tips......

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Edward 96GTS

removing old ansa stickers from exhaust tips......

Post by Edward 96GTS »

what is the best way to remove the old stickers? goo gone didnt touch it as they seem baked on.
tia
ed
linen grey ghost

Re: removing old ansa stickers from exhaust tips......

Post by linen grey ghost »

Have had some success in the past with a product named "Goof Off" available at the Big Box home improvement stores.
Product comes in yellow cans with red top, advise use in only highly ventilated areas and keep away from painted surfaces;
basically treat it as if it were brake fluid in its potential to damage paint.
airsanford

Post by airsanford »

razor blade.
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

here's what i'd do. secure a paper towel with some tie wraps, or just lay it on top of the offending sticker and then soak the paper towel with either 3M adhesive remover or perhaps MEK or lacquer thinner. Might take a couple of applications and I'm not sure if MEK or LT will eat tie wraps. Other things that might help are a scotch brite pad, doobie pad and plastic scraper, just don't want to scratch any chrome. Right?? All of these things require good ventilation...especially MEK. And all of them will eat paint, so unless it's on chrome, don't try the above at home. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
BobA

Post by BobA »

Do NOT use a scotchbrite pad on chrome. A friend had the exhaust tip on his flatbotttom ski boat rechromed and while cleaning up he attempted to polish the tips with chrome polish and a scotchbrite pad. He found that the result was removal of the chrome right down to the bronze casting!
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

oops. thanx for the correction. s
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."