DINO Ignition Issue

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Michael Bayer

DINO Ignition Issue

Post by Michael Bayer »

My Dino Spider (2.4) is suddenly misbehaving with the engine either cold and warm significantly popping and stuttering. With the air filter cover off there is no back flows from the carbs that i would expect from blocked jets, none the less I pulled all 6 jets and cleaned them to no avail So too the floats and fuel flow The points and rotor look good and the high side wiring is very good. I am begining to suspect the Dinoplex but lack a ignition diagnostic machine is there any tests short of buying a new one that might congfirm that bit if Italian automotive genius is at fault? M
Michael J. Bayer
330GT s/n 9727
365GTC4 s/n 14943
Dino Spider s/n 1193
DrewA

Re: DINO Ignition Issue

Post by DrewA »

Michael,

If I remember correctly, there is a section in the operating manula that shows how to bypass the Dinoplex in the trunk. You move around a couple of wires. It is very simple to do. I did it on my coupe when I owned it.

If it runs its probably your Dinoplex. But as I remember these things they either work 100% or do not work at all - good luck.

Drew
DrewA

Post by DrewA »

I would also check the Ohms on the plug wires. I had a similar situation on a carbed Boxer recently and it was the 20+ year old wires
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Michael: You said you cleaned all six jets. Did you do the mains or the idles? You need to clean both.