Wiring Harness for 250 GTE

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Racerrad

Wiring Harness for 250 GTE

Post by Racerrad »

I am new to this forum. I am getting around to the job on my Ferrari project that I least want to do. New wiring.

Are there any companies out there that have complete harnesses for this car?

Also, any (reasonable) sources for wiring diagrams?

Thanks, Rad
oldfart3

250 GT wiring harness/diagram

Post by oldfart3 »

After being stranded on the road with a dead electrical system in my Lusso a couple of summers ago, I COMPLETELY redid my wiring harness. I removed the entire harness, stripped off all the loom, traced, inspected, continuity tested, soldered new terminals with 2 layers of heat shrink tubing for strain relief, and labeled both ends of every wire on the car.
The generator wire was burned thru, so I was running a total loss electrical system.
When I replaced the main wires from the generator and battery to the main circuit board, I included a fusible link at the generator and battery ends so any further overloads would blow the link rather than the harness. In addition to memorizing and labelling the wires, I do have a wiring diagram for the Lusso I could photocopy and send you if you think it would help, since the 250's of that vintage differed almost as much from car to car as they did from model to model.
John
330GT

Post by 330GT »

There's a wiring diagram on P. 87 of the GTE owner's manual. This can be downloaded from the Ferrari Owner's Site (http://www.owners.ferrari.com).

Regards, Kerry
tyang

Post by tyang »

Depending on originality, one could buy a "Painless Wiring" kit, and modify it to work on your GTE. It would have to be fitted to the Ferrrari fuse panel, but these wires are marked the whole way along the loom making for future trouble shooting a breeze.

If you have the original harness like like John, you could copy it like he did, but you would also have to buy a bunch of wire to match the colors. It all about personal taste, and determination!

Tom