330 seat restoration

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Michael Bayer

330 seat restoration

Post by Michael Bayer »

Does anyone have a source for the plastic seat trim similarly configured to the door kick panels on the outboard sides of the front seats bottoms of the 2+2s? Buddy Obara tried bending the Chevy kick plates but they kinked, Michael Bayer
Yale

Post by Yale »

No. Best, Yale

P.S. M. Greenspan heard that they are like some material that is used in diners. Of course now you have to dig up a manufacture of 40's/50's diners. So back to, no.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

If you are talking about the ribbed foil like material on the lower outside corners of the seats I have been looking for this for some time. I have tried hobby shops and also done internet searches with no luck. If you find this material count me in. I am assuming that it is the same on the GTC as it is on other models.
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Has anyone tried Re-originals for this stuff? Does anyone have experience with Re-originals?

Art S.
wspeer

Post by wspeer »

i have purchased several items from matt jones at reoriginlas over the years. his shop is actually not that far from me. everytime i bought something, matt was adament that if it didn't work just right let him know and he would do his best to correct the probelm. i wouldn't hesitate buying anything from him again.
Yale

Post by Yale »

I and a few others I know have also bought from Re-Originals over the years and he has always been very good about taking back what we ordered because often it wasn't really right.

If you lived nearby and could poke around his place to compare what you wanted to what he had, that would be the way to do it.

In looking for the ribbed, metalized plastic sheeting that goes on the 330GT seats I have been told that nobody makes it here or in Italy and that if you need someone to create a die to press out new stock for you it would be quite expensive. Matt has some sort of seats for many Ferrari's but not for 330GT's because, as he says, the GT owners don't go around restoring their cars like the GTC (and other Ferrari) folks do.

Best, Yale
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

RATS! But thanks guys for answering, Michael Bayer