1962 250 SWB Headlight Questions

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

mechaniker

1962 250 SWB Headlight Questions

Post by mechaniker »

Hi everyone,

I just had to replace one Headlight. At the moment, the Headlight Inserts sureley are not original, but they work great, as they have an H4 bulb.

What Manufacturer would be original for an italian delivered car? Marchall, Carello, ...?

I have two Marchall Inserts, but no matching Bowls. Where could i find those? Would like to be able to fit them, if I decide to use them.

Thank and Greets
John Vardanian

Re: 1962 250 SWB Headlight Questions

Post by John Vardanian »

Marchal Equilux are the right lights for the car. Being a late enough car having the S.E.V. notation cast in the glass would not make it incorrect.

john
PF Coupe
mechaniker

Post by mechaniker »

Thank You John!

Someone an idea where to get the Headlight Bowls?

sadly in Germany these can´t be used legally on our car, as the Parkinglight must not be the same as the Turn Signal.. As it would be the case with the Carello Turn Signals.

So to be legal, I still need to use incorect Headlights.... I will continue to use the Carello Bowls with Hella Inserts. Maybe I buy a set Carello to let it look at least Italian.

Greets
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

I get my light related things from ebay or in the more difficult to find cases Arnie van der Sman in the Netherlands. I bought a pair of "bowls" as you say from him recently. He is very knowledgeable and can guide you in choosing the correct equipment for your car... and a good man too.

http://www.les-six-troenes.com/company/

john
PF Coupe
250GT

Post by 250GT »

mechaniker wrote:Thank You John!

Someone an idea where to get the Headlight Bowls?

sadly in Germany these can´t be used legally on our car, as the Parkinglight must not be the same as the Turn Signal.. As it would be the case with the Carello Turn Signals.

So to be legal, I still need to use incorect Headlights.... I will continue to use the Carello Bowls with Hella Inserts. Maybe I buy a set Carello to let it look at least Italian.
Greets

Mech,
I have never heard/seen of parking light or switch in a 250GT. but can be mainly found in France cars,

But those lightunits with extra small bulb can be found in the connector for the H4, or as smal drilled hole in the lower half of the unit.

I must have those lying around somewhere.

best

C.
mechaniker

Post by mechaniker »

Hello C.

original the Car had the Parking Light in the Turn Signal as a second (weaker) Bulb (i think, that most 250 GTs had them there).

The German TÜV required, that the Parking Light is in the regular place...

So the Car was converted to H4 Headlightunits with Parking Light.

The original Light Switch has its Parking Position when You only pull it down. When You turn it, than You get Driving Light. (At least in our car)
250GT

Post by 250GT »

mechaniker wrote:Hello C.

original the Car had the Parking Light in the Turn Signal as a second (weaker) Bulb (i think, that most 250 GTs had them there).

The German TÜV required, that the Parking Light is in the regular place...

So the Car was converted to H4 Headlightunits with Parking Light.

The original Light Switch has its Parking Position when You only pull it down. When You turn it, than You get Driving Light. (At least in our car)

Hello mechaniker,

Under parking light I use to understand that you could switch the 5 watt bulb lighning to one side or the other,

Depanding on which side of the road you are parking.

that confused a bid, I think.

what you mean is probebly stand light means both sides shines on the same time.

this can be found on all 250gt.

the next step (turning and pulling) the Ceam swith is the driving position.

best

C.
mechaniker

Post by mechaniker »

Hi C.,

of course You are right. Bad choice of words while translating from German to English.....

Its about the Standlight.
mechaniker

Post by mechaniker »

Greets