Ferrari 70th Anniversary display at Pebble Beach '17

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

David Booth

Ferrari 70th Anniversary display at Pebble Beach '17

Post by David Booth »

I posted this over on FerrariChat, but since I know many of you don't go over there at all (rarely for me), I thought I'd repeat myself here.

I think Ferrari needs to be taken to task for putting Classiche Certification ahead of representing the history of the marque at their 70th Anniversary commemoration at Pebble on Sunday. I arrived late and didn't have time to carefully catalogue the models that were there versus the ones that weren't. But glaring omissions were the 250 PF Coupe and 250 GTE 2+2.

Apparently all cars had to have Classiche certification to be included. But since they weren't being judged and the only time I saw a hood opened on ANY car was when I asked one car's minders to do it for me, I'm not sure what practical purpose certification served.

The cynic in me wants to believe that it was a not-so-subtle statement by the folks in Maranello that "..you have to play by our rules if you want to play at all. See how valuable Classiche certification is?".
1960 SII PF cabriolet #2105GT
1963 250GTE #4799GT with 330 America engine #5033GT

"...Luigi follow only the Ferraris.."
Terry Gardiner

Re: Ferrari 70th Anniversary display at Pebble Beach '17

Post by Terry Gardiner »

I read in Tom's blog about the PB factory display cars having to be Classiche certified. On Fchat recently there has been some discussion of the latest requirement for annual inspection, to maintain the certification. Your comment about the factory appearing to want to ensure that their rules are the ones to play by sounds about right. I can't say I'm impressed, I'm afraid.
Terry Gardiner
250GTE - #4681
365BB - #18131