F40 Starter Removal

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

DrewA

F40 Starter Removal

Post by DrewA »

Realize this is a vintage site but will all the knowledgeable people here thought someone might have done this before. The starter (starter solenoid actually )on my F40 is starting to act up. It doesn't look like that hard to do unless you have to pull the headers and associated plumbing ot remove it - and there is a lot of plumbing on this car.

Anyone know if you need to pull the headers to remove the starter? Going to give it a go this weekend.

Thanks,

Drew
tyang

Re: F40 Starter Removal

Post by tyang »

Good luck Drew. F40s see such few miles, I don't know if the starter goes out that often! Let us know how you make out.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
DrewA

Post by DrewA »

Thanks Tom,

The battery is 10 years old and I have a new one coming in tomorrow. Got a new starter relay as well. Just not that expensive to replace this stuff. I'm going put the car up and clean the ground and starter connections this weekend. Go from there. Just wanted to know how much of a fight I was headed for.

I'll publish what I find.

Drew
DrewA

Post by DrewA »

Issue turned out to be a 9 year old battery. After cleaning all the contacts for the heck of it appears it would be easy to drop starter. Looks like only one if the turbo oil lines need to come off. No issue with headers.

Drew
tyang

Post by tyang »

I love an easy fix!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053