Pinifirina Body Number

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

enio45

Pinifirina Body Number

Post by enio45 »

Does anyone know if the Pinifirina Body number is stamped on the doors, hood and trunk on a GTC car?

I saw on Kerry's site that the 330 GT cars have this, but was wondering on the GTC.

Im trying to identify if a set of doors on a client car is original to the car. Some signs
have me suspicious that the doors have been changed at some time for some reason.
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
enio45

Re: Pinifirina Body Number

Post by enio45 »

I recently went to purchase some 330 GTC parts and the person had a set of stripped doors and trunk lid
for a 330 GTC. I was able to locate the Pinifirina Number on the door (behind the door panel and on the edge of one of the door
structure supports. Also - the trunk lid had the same number stamped on the inside of the front edge lip .

ill try to post pics but i always run into the size to big issue when i do this.
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
Jumprun

Post by Jumprun »

I think I have seen numbers stamped on my doors (A GTC with a build date early 1968) but can't remember what they were. For sure my car has a Pininfarina number stamped on the trunk floor under the spare tire. I also recall seeing a number on the horizontal shelf above the brake booster, but I don't remember if it was the Ferrari serial number or PF number.
There are also crayon marked numbers behind almost all the interior upholstered panels.
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

The number on the shelf above the brake booster is the PF Body Number.