Daytona exhaust

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

PSk

Daytona exhaust

Post by PSk »

Tom,

Your heart must have sunk when that drain plug broke! ...

BTW: I have to have a chuckle at Francois' gas weld. Very obvious that he really did work at Ferrari during that period as that weld really looks like the welds we see in pictures and typical for Ferrari. Wonderful, keeping this car so original :)
Pete
tyang

Re: Daytona exhaust

Post by tyang »

Hi Pete,

Working on these old Ferraris is a series of highs and lows, and that was quite a low point, but the solution was actually very easy!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
PSk

Post by PSk »

I think a lot of us are envious, but I also imagine that after time even these lovely old Ferraris sometimes become just cars that want to fight every effort to fix them :(

I imagine that you have customers that are prepared to spend and do it right, more than the local car repair garage does ... but heck I might be wrong?

Thanks for showing us!
Pete
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Pete,

We are very fortunate to have a great customer base. They understand and trust us in caring for their cars and know that doing things right also preserves the long term value in their cars. I don't know anyone who likes to spend more money than they have too, so we understand when someone wants to defer a particular repair if they have the luxury of time to save up some funds. For the incurably cheap owners, however, we find it best for them to look for another shop, because if they think our shop is too expensive, they usually discover quite quickly it's not true!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053