un-official etiquette note

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Yale

un-official etiquette note

Post by Yale »

I wanted to write something here about the fact that it bothers me when people write in to this forum for the first time, and list some parts they want without saying anything about themselves or their car. Without giving anything back if you will. I think everybody here is more then happy to help, but its not a parts marketplace, it is a place that we -exchange- information. It just feels bad, maybe only to me, when someone wants to be all take and no give. This is one of the most human places I have found in the Ferrari world, it's not a business, hell Tom PAYS to help us all out. Treat it with respect and kindness.

Yale (just speaking for myself)
Bryan P

Post by Bryan P »

I second that
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

I will go along with Yale as well. I changed usernames and have posted many more times than shows now, but basically I find myself the owner of a vintage Ferrari because of this board and help from the folks on it
(plus a bucket of $$).
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

I would also like to put in a plug for everybody on this board posting something about themselves and their car in the Owners Gallery (making sure we can connect your screen name with your entry!). The beauty of this site is the people who contribute to it and I find the Gallery a great place to find more about who you are.

Now that I think of it, I should probably update mine...
horner

Post by horner »

I agree w/ Yale and other forumites. Guilty as charged, I only yesterday finally sent Tom my pix and "How we bought our Ferrari two-seaters" story for the Owner's Gallery.
Jack Horner, 1966 330 GT 2+2 Series II, s/n 8325 (x-1981 Mondial 8, s/n 36213)
rodog

Post by rodog »

I do not personally own a vehicle yet, but have actually read through each of Tom's restoration diary entries. Many of the questions asked here can be answered in those diaries. The database can be searched by key word as well. Once again thanks to Mr. Yang for this excellent web site. I have learned so much from him and everyone here- so when I do make the plunge I hopefully we be better informed. thanks greg.
enio45

Post by enio45 »

OK me too! I'll get a picture and post it and update the profile accordingly...thanks for the reminder!!

Ed Montini
330 GT 8289
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

I agree with the sentiments stated. I've begun following ferrarichat and it seems that whenever a technical question about vintage Ferraris appears there, the advice is to repost the question on this site. My guess is that is where the questions out of left field are coming from.

I agree about posting into the owners gallery. I've been meaning to send pictures to Tom and Kerry and finally found the pictures I want to have posted. So mine will be up soon!

Regards,

Art S.
fest

hooked

Post by fest »

Hello

My name is Andrew

I am a Ferrariholic

I spend all of my free time at the Shop
in fact, I spend more time at the shop
than with my girlfirend
any time not spent at the shop
is at Harbor Freight, Sears
or at the the local Home Depot
(buying Shop Improvement supplies)

When I am not reading my car's Manual(s)
I am looking at Tool Catalogs
or looking on Ebay for Parts
or other interesting Ferrari Bits

I spend more time on-line
with my Forum Friends
than with my friends or family

I have racked up my Credit Card
to stratospheric levels
on Ferrari Parts, Tools and Shop Equipment
with no end in sight

I am in way over my head
on my current project
and it is not even close to completion
yet, I am already fantasizing
about my next Ferrari...
which I have all picked out
and has even more excessive needs
than my current project

I have recently hit 'rock-bottom'

yes, my friends, I have discovered
SNAP-ON

I have now realized that
I am a hopeless Ferrariholic

I hope I NEVER recover
;)
tyang

Post by tyang »

I just posted Jack Horner's gallery entry, and welcome more submissions. Just understand that it may take a few days to get around to posting it because I no longer have all the time to the web building as I used to!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Considering the references to board etiquette, I thought I'd bring this back to the top.

Art S.