Evans waterless coolant

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

AEB

Evans waterless coolant

Post by AEB »

I have made the decision to use Evans waterless coolant in my 1965 330 GT 2+2. Is anyone currently using this product in their 330? Did I make the right decision? I appreciate and thank you for your input in advance.
Art
1965 330 GT 2+2 Series 1 Interim car sn 7091
Stevie

Re: Evans waterless coolant

Post by Stevie »

Well I'm not using it in a 330, but in a Mistral and Mk2 3.4. The cleaning ritual was a bit of work but it works perfectly. Must admit I changed over at the same time as having the radiators recored, so only had the engine-side of the system to clean.
250GT

Post by 250GT »

i do use it in several cars and is fantastic.

specially for drivers.

I did always have a bit PITA by waiting in front of the Gotthard tunnel from Swiss- Italy in full sunshine
i takes at least 50 min of stop and go .
Always staring on the temp gauge terrible.
Even when the car reach the 100 degree line you can take of the rad cap without shower, only some smoke comes out.

this fluid gives you a full relaxing feeling behind the wheel.

a real good upgrading.
no need to replace it and is water free no ox.
investment only once.

C.
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

I am not interested in getting in an argument with anybody over this issue, but here are two facts:

1. NOTHING cools engines better than 100% water. Even a 50/50 mix of antifreeze will not transfer heat better than straight water. So for the most efficient cooling of the motor, use straight water. Corrosion inhibitors are another story.

2. Evans Coolant will work if you are OK with your engine running at higher temperatures than it was designed to run. Also remember what the gauge shows does not reflect the temps at many parts of the heads and various other locations.
250GT

Post by 250GT »

DWR46 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:06 pm I am not interested in getting in an argument with anybody over this issue, but here are two facts:

1. NOTHING cools engines better than 100% water. Even a 50/50 mix of antifreeze will not transfer heat better than straight water. So for the most efficient cooling of the motor, use straight water. Corrosion inhibitors are another story.

2. Evans Coolant will work if you are OK with your engine running at higher temperatures than it was designed to run. Also remember what the gauge shows does not reflect the temps at many parts of the heads and various other locations.
All what you write above is 100% correct Dyke,

I am an fan of Evans not alone from the higher boiling point view, but mainly for preventing inside oxidation from the 50/50 mix.

All my V12´s hat severe decay ( AL and FE rot) in all waterpipes ,waterbriges and outside waterpump housing, not to talk about the outside rust of the 12 liners.

All this doesn´t happens with Evans fluid.

TY in his blog -not fitting outside water pipe-show its not an exception I think.

This is only my expierance over the years.

best

C.

some pics :
Attachments
IMG_6206.jpg
IMG_6206.jpg (83.77 KiB) Viewed 5946 times
IMG_6205.jpg
IMG_6205.jpg (49.4 KiB) Viewed 5946 times
IMG_6205.jpg
IMG_6205.jpg (49.4 KiB) Viewed 5946 times