Bravo Tom

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

John Vardanian

Bravo Tom

Post by John Vardanian »

I read your blog on the PF coupe. What a monumental task that must have been. When a car like this comes together and ends up pretty on the lawn, it's always the painter and the like that get the accolades. But, for every successful finish there are so many people like yourself along the way that don't even get a mention. My hat is off to you.

john
PF Coupe
tyang

Re: Bravo Tom

Post by tyang »

Hi John,

Thanks for your kind words of support. Transitions like this are also tough for the previous owner and getting the car physically from one owner to the next is just part of the story. There's an emotional toll as well for projects not completed, letting go of a dream, or selling off an old friend. I feel like I saved a car that may not have ever gone back together, but reaching this realization for everyone was not easy. The new owner now takes on the risk of restoring this car, and hopefully will not spend more money than the car is worth. I'm hoping the conclusion will be the same as what we see in a separate thread about buying our Ferraris 20 years ago.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053