Campy wheels - GT 2+2 and GTC

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Re: Campy wheels - GT 2+2 and GTC

Post by tyang »

Hi Dyke,

I often make the analogy that a judge is much like an umpire in a baseball game. If he makes a bad call, he cannot reverse it during a game because his judgement from then on will always be brought into question. That does not stop the manager of the offended team, however, from going out to the umpire and kicking dirt on his shoes! This ploy is not to reverse his call, but for the Umpire to take pause when making the next questionable call. Our job is to keep the judges honest, and make them see the err of their ways. Our information and research helps everyone.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Jimmyr

Post by Jimmyr »

Tom and Dyke your inputs on this are right on target. If anything good can be obtained from a judging report it would be a list of items that were noted and then research or correct them for next time.
tim

Post by tim »

Greetings... Jimmy, if only that were true. A friend had a very nice 275GTB. All work done by very knowledgeable and respected shops. His goal was to get the car to platinum (and then drive it till it was tin). He has done just what you suggest, take the scoring sheet and had the "offenses" corrected. The result-lower scores. No question as to the skills of those doing the work. Different judges with different priorities. He has since sold the car. I've heard that same frustration from others, many of whom no longer participate.

Tim(who will submit his scruffy 330GT when Tom is judging)_
1964 330GT 5769 -the big yellow taxi 61&66 Morgan +4's Daimler SP250 Turner 950S and some other dull stuff plus a brand Mercedes C300 4matic
tyang

Post by tyang »

tim wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:43 am Greetings... Jimmy, if only that were true. A friend had a very nice 275GTB. All work done by very knowledgeable and respected shops. His goal was to get the car to platinum (and then drive it till it was tin). He has done just what you suggest, take the scoring sheet and had the "offenses" corrected. The result-lower scores. No question as to the skills of those doing the work. Different judges with different priorities. He has since sold the car. I've heard that same frustration from others, many of whom no longer participate.

Tim(who will submit his scruffy 330GT when Tom is judging)_
Tim,

You may be waiting a long time if you're waiting for me to judge. I have managed to resist all the offers so far!

The story you tell of your friend's GTB is a common one. I know the FCA tries to keep track of previous points scores to keep some consistency in the scoring, but mistakes happen. I tell my customers and friends to be your own advocate when showing. Make sure the judges know what has been corrected and arm yourself with previous score sheets on the next show. I'm sure the judges listening in to this thread might not like to hear this, but make them earn those points they deduct!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
tim

Post by tim »

Greetings.... And if I submitted my car for judging I would wind up owing points.

Tim
1964 330GT 5769 -the big yellow taxi 61&66 Morgan +4's Daimler SP250 Turner 950S and some other dull stuff plus a brand Mercedes C300 4matic
enio45

Post by enio45 »

and nothing wrong with that!! Enjoy the car!
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS