window fuzzy/wipers installation

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

enio45

window fuzzy/wipers installation

Post by enio45 »

Looking for some advise of the best adhesive to use to attach the window wipers/fuzzy strip material to the horizontal
metal strips that are on the top of the doors - this is the cavity/slot where the window goes up and down.

I bought some replacement wipers, they have a cloth covering and a fuzzy material which look consistent with my originals - however, i have seen numerous times - over time these come loose and get jammed up looking terrible.

They get glued to the metal top of the door strips - the strips are aluminum.

Any thoughts as to the best way to attach these with the some type of glue, adhesive or epoxy?

Appreciate the thoughts...........

PS....im working on the ellena car, but i believe the 330's have a similar piece of material and attachment consideration.
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
tyang

Re: window fuzzy/wipers installation

Post by tyang »

Hi Ed,

Considering you're working on an Ellena, and was a different body builder than the "normal" cars I've seen built by Pininfarina and Scaglietti, the way they attached the window felts might be different. In Pininfarina and Saglietti cars, I believe the felts were attached with a combination of contact adhesive and bevel headed screws. I've also used pop rivets depending on the application.

Good luck.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
enio45

Post by enio45 »

Tom, correct you are, no rivots or screws used here. The trim piece, attached to the door inner and outer upper sill is attached by a countersunk sheet metal screw - very small, leaving the trim surface very flat and smooth.

Seems to be some type of adhesive only that bonds the two together.
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Ed, I would use 3M Weatherstrip Adhesive. It comes in black and yellowish. It dries fast and holds well.

john
PF Coupe