Weber 40 DFI question

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Jumprun

Weber 40 DFI question

Post by Jumprun »

Is there an an adjustment for accelerator pump volume for the 40 DFI Carbs? I reviewed available adjustment procedures and could not find any reference. Car is a later 330 GTC.

Tom in Socal
DWR46

Re: Weber 40 DFI question

Post by DWR46 »

Tom: Yes there is an adjustment. If you look at the accelerator pump diaphragm cover, you will see TWO holes where the pump arm pivots. By moving the pin that holds the arm in the cover from hole to hole, you can change the total volume of pump supply. Carefully observe the arm "stroke" with the pin in each position and you will easily determine which hole has the greater supply volume.
Jumprun

Post by Jumprun »

Thanks for the reply Dyke.
I’m not ready to go there yet as I have not done any of the prerequisites yet, I was just curious at this point as I’m occasionally getting a light carb pop when pulling from a stop and sometimes at speed when I snap the throttle open, It seems like a slight lean condition, like a weak squirt, but it could be jets, float level, or.....

I should be able to solve it later as the car still needs everything retuned and adjusted after the recent rebuild, It has about 2,000 miles, so I think it’s ready.
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

Tom: With today's fuels, it is common to need one size larger Idle Jets. That will probably cure your symptoms.