Brake Boosters and Servofreno Stickers

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Tom Wilson

Brake Boosters and Servofreno Stickers

Post by Tom Wilson »

In looking for a sticker for my Brake Booster, I found two types, one with a white "Bendix" and one with a red "Bendix". Killamanjaro Designs (Motion Products) sells the red one and GTO Engineering sells the white. I have mostly seen the red one, but the GTE Owners Manual (p70) shows the white. So it changed at some point, but when? And did the booster change as well? I spoke to Parker Hall and he is not familiar with the white one.

So, if you have an original sticker on your brake booster can you tell us which it is and your serial number? If we get enough, we may find out when they changed and which is appropriate for our cars. There is always something to learn...
Servofreno Red.jpg
Servofreno White.jpg
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
John Vardanian

Re: Brake Boosters and Servofreno Stickers

Post by John Vardanian »

Tom, this is the engine bay of a Series I PF Coupe (1301GT). This model generally started life with drum brakes and then in the 60's some were retrofitted with disk brakes, which required servo installation. It's a pretty good guess that this car received the brake upgrade in the early 60's and it looks like the decal is original. Hope this helps in your research.

john
Attachments
DSCN2575.JPG
PF Coupe
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Yes, that definitely helps. It has the white Bendix logo, so another vote for that one in the 1960's cars.
250gtgt

Post by 250gtgt »

This kind of stickerdetailing which can be found most vintage Ferrari's is for me SOOO fake.

If you have a real vintage F- car you why would be fool ourself ? By these cheap reproductions

The original Bonaldy sign is like our Vin plate it is PRINTED paint on a metal/aluminium plate.

OH I do have an old sticker on my front window because I drove on this route though the alps “Grossglockener “with a vintage F-car several times, but as an expierance.

Best

see below how the original Bonaldi aluplate should look like.

C.
Attachments
IMG_7271.jpg
IMG_7273.jpg
IMG_7274.jpg
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Thank you for pointing out that detail which I did not know. The sticker will have to suffice for now until I can find a source for a more original one. Does anybody know a source for metal logo?
2837GT

Post by 2837GT »

On the subject of brake boosters, my unit is a kind of bronze/gold colour.
Otherwise it is identical to the one in the manual.
Does anybody else have the same ?