2837 GT Profit and Loss.

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

2837GT

2837 GT Profit and Loss.

Post by 2837GT »

I was going through my car's history file today.
Just for fun, I decided to quickly put together a realist P&L spreadsheet.
I have included the cost of buying the car, importing the car and maintaining the car.
I have excluded insurance and fuel as these are the costs of enjoying the car as an owner rather than an investor.
Clearly there are logical holes here, you can't enjoy the car without servicing it and this is not the type of car where annual services are pretty much a regular predictable cost. When it goes into the shop things are put right, restored, replaced because they need to be or often because I want them to be.
Of course the big unknown is the future selling price, but that, hopefully, will be an issue for the beneficiaries of my will.
I call it a realist P&L to contrast it with the "man math" P&L which is simply the difference between what you pay for a car and what you think you can sell it for. This I leave for dealers "illustrative examples of a Ferrari as an investment" and bar talk.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 20.13.04.png
csullivan67

Re: 2837 GT Profit and Loss.

Post by csullivan67 »

Thanks for sharing, this is really interesting. Was your car restored before importing it? I am curious to know if the car was a survivor that's been continually updated when systems need attention, or if it got a full restoration prior to your ownership.
2837GT

Re: 2837 GT Profit and Loss.

Post by 2837GT »

Hi, the car was restored in Modena for Umberto Camellini in 1988
Sorry about the poor graphic of the spreadsheet, it is better if you click or tap on it.