A well deserved thank you

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Michael Greenspan

A well deserved thank you

Post by Michael Greenspan »

Almost 19 years ago my son decided I needed a Ferrari. It’s a long involved story and this is not about me but about finding Tom. I searched the internet and found his fledgling web site and sent him a message seeking information. That led to a long phone call and maybe the first car Tom guided a “client” to buy. What I never could have imagined is the following years. The site has grown as has Tom’s presence in the Ferrari world. The thank you is for how the community has grown. In the years that I have mostly lurked I have been in awe of the overwhelming kindness and sharing of technical information, resources and often hard to find parts. Unlike many exotic car sites there is no grandstanding or snarkiness ever. It’s an example of the best that the internet can create and has given me insight and joy and a lot of new friends. When I got the 330 America a friend said that getting the car would begin a journey. So thanks to all the participants and of course Tom for making these years an interesting and wonderful journey.

Obviously, even though almost none of you know my son, I still have to close by thanking him for starting me on this journey.

I wish all of you a safe, happy and healthy coming year.
Pmo75

Re: A well deserved thank you

Post by Pmo75 »

Thank you for sharing the story!
Fully agreeing on this community as well.
All the best
1966 330 GT #8941
1968 300 SEL 6.3
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your kind words and friendship through the years. It has been an extraordinary journey and I am lucky to have you all along with me on this ride! I owe all this to all of you as well inspiring me and pushing me to keep sharing this content that I experience. I always look forward to seeing what lies ahead.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
afwrench

Post by afwrench »

So very true in every way as to what this site is about.Mike
72,365gtc4,14681,2007 599 GTB
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

My story is somewhat similar. In 2000 when I discovered my GTE in a neighbor's back yard, I "yahoo'd" (no google in those days) Ferrari 250 GTE and got only one hit! Of course it was Tom and he encouraged me to make the purchase. He has been a good friend ever since. This site was a tremendous help throughout the extremely long process of its restoration and introduced me to a whole bunch of new friends, including the restorer who did my car. Thanks to all of you and I hope that we can get together in 2022.
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
Terry Gardiner

Post by Terry Gardiner »

Absolutely agree this site is invaluable and a source of both hard-to-find information and sometimes parts.
Like most ‘clubs’ it’s what the members make it but the guy at the top (TY) sets the pace. Thanks Tom!
Terry Gardiner
250GTE - #4681
365BB - #18131
tyang

Post by tyang »

Thanks Guys! I can't believe it's been over 20 years since I started this website, and I went from one of the newbies to one of the old timers right before my eyes! I never forget that I started in a similar situation but my guide was Francois Sicard, my mentor and friend, who taught me a lot of what I know. I always want to share and pay it forward as I believe it makes for a better world. The Internet was a great place to share some of this knowledge I was gaining and so it began. Thanks to my long time members and I welcome all the new people discovering this website or Youtube channel for the first time. Your participation is just as important!

Tom Yang
'63 330 America #5053