Daytona headlight lifters

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

Daytona headlight lifters

Post by Steve Meltzer »

The left headlight lifter motor on my Daytona needs rebuilding. Before I do this, does anyone know where I might find a new one? There was some suggestion that this might actually also be a Porsche 914 928 or 924 part. Does anyone know anything about the swap over using a Porsche motor? The part numbers on the motor are so worn off I can't really decipher them so I could use help with this as well, to get me where I want to go. Thanks again Steve (and Happy New Year to all of you)
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Steve Meltzer

Re: Daytona headlight lifters

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Oh never you mind! If you own a Daytona, you might want to file this information away and hope you never needed. All years of Porsche 914's appear to use the same motor which is a 914 62411411, which is the left side, I believe. At any rate, they are no longer available new, so you'll end up with a used one. Connectors are not exactly the same, but I believe they could be swapped out and be successful. Thanks again and at least some new information was dispensed. Steve
(I'm going to have Terry Myr put in the new brushes it will need.)
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."