afwrench

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

afwrench

Post by tyang »

Hi All,

It is with great sadness to have to tell you that an active member of this forum passed away last night. Mike Meehan was a 365GTC/4 owner, a good friend, and regular contributor to this forum as afwrench. I will miss him dearly and my thoughts and love go out to his family.

It has not been a good summer for the tomyang.net community. Another member Tom M, (jumprun) passed away after an private airplane crash. Tom owned a 330GTC, and had just visited me at my shop weeks before the accident. I was shocked when I heard the sad news.

Live life at it's fullest while we have it, and let's take a moment to remember those that we have lost.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Tom Wilson

Re: afwrench

Post by Tom Wilson »

What a cool guy Mike was! Funny, helpful and great to be around. I will always remember the gathering we had at his home. I can still picture all of us standing around with a beer or glass of wine, looking up into each of our cars as we put them on his lift. Who's car was it that had the hole in the exhaust? Hope that patch held...
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Tho' I didn't know Mike, I'd seen his many posts and gained knowledge from his generous thoughts. However, since Tom Martinez and I both owned GTCs, we emailed from time to time, exchanged parts for fabrication and shared embellished tales at the Quail when Tom Y. had his Monterey meet and greets.

Attached is a picture of a gift Tom Martinez sent me after I sent him an A/C bracket he was going to fabricate. He said the gift would prove useful as I tackled my first Ferrari engine out re-seal. Whata sense of humor! RIP my friend. steve meltzer
Attachments
IMG_2317.jpeg
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
Fasthound330

Post by Fasthound330 »

I’m so sorry to hear about Tom Martinez. He and I spent a lot of time going back and forth in March and April this year with both of us working on the heater ducting going through the wheel wells of our 330 GTC’s. I ended up using a slightly smaller diameter ducting with custom 3D-printed transition pieces at each end. Tom ended up going a different way, but we sent each other lots of dimensions and picture and ideas as we worked through our solutions. What a nice guy he was. Such a shame. He will be missed by all who knew him.

Respectfully,
Kevin
1967 330 GTC s/n 9911