Oil pressure guage photos, please!!!

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

mdstrib

Oil pressure guage photos, please!!!

Post by mdstrib »

Greetings Vintage Owners!

I hope you can help me with my search for a 330 GTC. I'm in NC and tomorrow I will go to Atlanta to look at a silver 330 GTC. The main thing that bugs me about it (so far) is the oil pressure guage is missing from the center of the dash, replaced by a crappy little guage that does not fit.

Does any one have a high resolution photo of a proper oil pressure guage for the GTC or maybe its the same in the 330 GT 2+2? did they fit the same guage to other cars like an Alfa or Lancia or something? I have read this forum for a while and I've been impressed by the depth of knowledge.

Finally, and with out seeing the car yet, I'm a little worried that if you use a crappy little guage where you can see it, what would they do to the internals???? Asking 84.5K at Ferrari of Atlanta....

THANKS!!!! mdstrib
matt

Re: Oil pressure guage photos, please!!!

Post by matt »

mdstrib wrote:Greetings Vintage Owners!

I hope you can help me with my search for a 330 GTC. I'm in NC and tomorrow I will go to Atlanta to look at a silver 330 GTC. The main thing that bugs me about it (so far) is the oil pressure guage is missing from the center of the dash, replaced by a crappy little guage that does not fit.

Does any one have a high resolution photo of a proper oil pressure guage for the GTC or maybe its the same in the 330 GT 2+2? did they fit the same guage to other cars like an Alfa or Lancia or something? I have read this forum for a while and I've been impressed by the depth of knowledge.

Finally, and with out seeing the car yet, I'm a little worried that if you use a crappy little guage where you can see it, what would they do to the internals???? Asking 84.5K at Ferrari of Atlanta....

THANKS!!!! mdstrib

Check out www:heritageclassics.com. They have a good dash photo of a 330 for sale. I like the 330GTC, and have been told it is a great driving car. I have noticed that many are for sale right now. Take your time and find a really great one.I would find one that has scored 95 plus within the last couple of years.
mdstrib

Re: Oil pressure guage photos, please!!!

Post by mdstrib »

I've got pics of that red one, but the resolution of the guage is not good enough to use as a reference. I previously posted an inquiry on this forum about it, and would love any more feedback on that car. I wouldn't mind flying out there if its a really nice car. Any other leads on good 330GTC would really help! Thanks Matt, mdstrib
matt wrote:
mdstrib wrote:Greetings Vintage Owners!

THANKS!!!! mdstrib

Check out www:heritageclassics.com. They have a good dash photo of a 330 for sale. I like the 330GTC, and have been told it is a great driving car. I have noticed that many are for sale right now. Take your time and find a really great one.I would find one that has scored 95 plus within the last couple of years.
matt

Post by matt »

I noticed matt degarmo just sold one (degarmoltd.com) and Tom @ autosportdesigns just sold one. I purchased my 275gtb from Tom. I looked for over 2 years for the right car. Tom knew what I wanted and finally I got the call from him.Look at as many as you can,and if you can wait,go to the show in Monterey this summer,hang around the 330s,talk to people and learn.The chase is almost as fun as having it,well almost...Take your time!
mdstrib

Post by mdstrib »

See, thats my problem! This past fall there were 5 to 7 for sale at a time, but now that I'M looking, well, NOW they have all been sold!! Probably the price will double as well! I like the idea about Monterey, do you know when the event will take place? Thanks Matt! mdstrib
Yale

Post by Yale »

Just as a matter of warning, the "perfect car" I bought in Holland from some crooks called VSOC had an oil pressure guage that wavered wildly. When asked about this I was told, "What do you expect from an old Ferrari guage." Though I had the car checked out in Holland, when I got it back to the US it was apperant that the oil pressure had been jiggered to show a higher reading. I should have taken as a sign the fact that the oil pressure guage was the one guage on the car that wasn't doing it's thing perfectly well. Yup looow oil pressure. Engine work. Kaching.

Best, Yale
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Matt,

Did you end up buying the red shortnose? If I'm not mistaken, I met you at Fantasy Junction about a year ago. There was a yellow shortnose there at the time we were discussing.

John Vardanian
330GT

Post by 330GT »

This isn't a real good picture, but perhaps good enough. These gauges are on my Series II 330 GT, made during the same time as GTCs were. So I would expect that the gauges would be identical.

Regards, Kerry
Jim

Post by Jim »

Sorry, but the above gauge is not the same as that in the 330GTC. Now, if someone could teach me to attach a photo to my postings.....
Jim
matt

Post by matt »

I can understand your frustrations. I lived it. I ended up buying a car for much more then when I first started looking. What you need to realize is unless you are able to do the mechanicals on the car yourself, you could easily spend 35k for an engine rebuild,12k for suspension and brakes,and many more thousands for replacing gas lines,and other mechanicals. These are old cars. Restoring it is expensive. Dealers may say it has been restored within the last 10 years but what does that mean? All these cars need something.Before you get yourself into it deep do as much research as you can. The Monterey show (Concorso Italiano)is Aug 13,and the following Tues in the ferrariclub of america National meet. Go to the shows,follow the judges around the cars,listen to what they are saying. Talk to the owners and learn about the cars. It will be time and money well spent. The prices on the 330gtc are stable at this point in my opinion. The more you know about the cars BEFORE you buy the better. If you havent already you shoud subscribe to Cavallino magazine,ferrari market letter,and sports car market.
Joel Benatar

Post by Joel Benatar »

Hi

Hope I can help you out. I am posting a link to my 330 GTC. You should be able to see some dash pictures. If you need anything else let me know

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/jbenatar@pacbell.net

Joel
mdstrib

Post by mdstrib »

330GT wrote:This isn't a real good picture, but perhaps good enough. These gauges are on my Series II 330 GT, made during the same time as GTCs were. So I would expect that the gauges would be identical.

Regards, Kerry
Kerry, thanks for the kind post, but the guage, at least the surround appears different. thanks! michael stribling
mdstrib

Post by mdstrib »

Joel Benatar wrote:Hi

Hope I can help you out. I am posting a link to my 330 GTC. You should be able to see some dash pictures. If you need anything else let me know

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/jbenatar@pacbell.net

Joel
Joel, Great pics, and plent of them. I have been looking at you site for awhile already! thanks! michael stribling
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Jim,

You need to have servr space to attach a picture to your post, or you can attach a link to your pictures like Joel did. Your ISP usually provides a certain amount of disk space so you can create a website, and this is where you upload your pictures. Once there, you direct a link in your message on this forum. If any of this sounds vaguely familier, I may be able to help.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Tom - I recently figured out how to upload photos into my website and put a link in my messages, but how do you make the photo appear in the message?