Rebuilding a pedal box and other parts

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Tom Wilson

Rebuilding a pedal box and other parts

Post by Tom Wilson »

When restoring my GTE I found it so satisfying to do a job like you just did. Yes, it would eventually make the car work better when finished, but just watching it go from a messy, crappy looking pile of metal to looking brand new was exciting. I used to leave the finished parts sitting out as inspiration for the next one I was working on. Keep posting before and after pictures like that, they are great!
Tom Wilson - Series III 250 GTE, SN 4247 GT
Curator of the 250 GTE Register
http://www.250GTE.com
tyang

Re: Rebuilding a pedal box and other parts

Post by tyang »

In a world where everything seems to be made to be thrown away, it's satisfying to work on things that can be rebuilt and re-used to as new condition. I also feel I'm not contributing to the piles of things we throw away to buy new things, only for it to break, so we have to buy more. It's a vicious cycle.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
chris

Post by chris »

Hi Tom,

fully agree and share your feelings. It is very satisfying to repair instead of buying new. Beside the F stuff our toaster got a new time switch and the washing machine some new bearings. One can not see it but instead of throwing this perfectly working things away they got a second life out of theoretically many more…

Always enjoy reading your doings!

Christopher
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Chris,

Much to my wife's chagrin, I managed to make out washing machine last years beyond it's normal service life until the tub rusted out! Try as I might, some things will eventually have to be thrown away!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053