Weber DCZ6 accelerator pumps

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Fasthound330

Re: Weber DCZ6 accelerator pumps

Post by Fasthound330 »

I use it straight out of the cans. No mixing. I have an electric transfer pump and just pump the five gallon pails directly into the fuel tank (easier than using a huge funnel and spilling the liquid gold). Google “sunoco race fuel” and you’ll find all of the detailed specs for all their race fuels. I also sometimes use their 110 leaded because I can get it at a pump about 35 minutes from me for “only” $16/gal vs $20/gal in the pails. Pre-pandemic, it was $10/gal at the pump and $12/gal in the pails. Also no oxygenates and no ethanol in the 110. If I’m using the cars a lot, I can also get their 100 octane at a pump, but it is almost 10% ethanol, so I only use it if I know I’m going to go through it within a month or so. Otherwise, I either use the leaded from the pump or buy the 98 octane non-ethanol in pails at a sunoco station in Virginia. Yes, stupid money, and likely not really necessary (except for long term storage) but it’s what I prefer to do to avoid gumming up all those carburetor balls, needles, diaphragms, etc. My mechanic thinks I’m crazy. I probably am :lol:

I spent the weekend pulling the ignition relay in the 330GTC and sanding down the points and cleaning the connectors and gluing down the loose end of the cloth wrapping around the windings. The points were worn enough that when the relay got hot, the connection would get weak and the car would just die. That’s a lot of fun. Fixing the relay took maybe 30 minutes. Reinstalling it in such a tight space took the rest of the time.
1967 330 GTC s/n 9911
Steve Meltzer

Post by Steve Meltzer »

Kevin, thanx for the good info. steve
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
tinbender

Post by tinbender »

Success. Thanks so much Dyke. I would have never known about the tiny balls in the pump circuit. I have a workshop manual and old Weber drawings, but I would not have figured it out. Thanks.
On one carb the piston part that you told me to feel up under the carb and work was frozen. I work it and used some carb cleaner and got it freed up. The ball was stuck in all three carbs and some of the tiny holes that the fuel sprays out of were stopped up. Everything cleaned up and working now and the car fired right up. Haven't had time to drive it yet.
Regards, Terry Phillips 330GTC #9411