no respect...

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

lukek

no respect...

Post by lukek »

What is with these people?

One guy makes a bar, and another, a shelf for his garage?!!!!
What is next? Tom cutting his America in half to make a set for Late Night?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =914138772
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =726661398

I would like the serial number on the first one, update the registry, you know....Just because the GTE is worth more in parts than it is whole, it does not mean that one should do this kind of stuf...
:)

thx
luke, #4823
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Luke,

It's a secret not many people understand, but once you get a 2+2 Ferrari sorted out and on the road, it's worth much more as a whole than in pieces. Trust me, I know!

Tom
lukek

Post by lukek »

to me, it is....of course !
(I have put 700 miles on mine since June of this year. So far, the only pressing project associated with mine is to put together my GTE Police car GTE model that I just got in the post!).

thx, luke
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Luke,

I've got about 60 miles on mine, but the weather is closing in on us here in the Northeast!

Tom
Tom Wilson

No Respect

Post by Tom Wilson »

It gets worse. The trunk of this car was made into a couch! It did not sell, but you can see it at :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =911074155

I emailed the guy about the serial number two weeks ago and he said he would look. I haven't heard from him since. The bar doesn't seem to have the firewall, but I would assume whoever did this would have used the id plate to prove its originality. Of course, it may now be part of yet another tacky piece of furniture![/url]
lukek

re: No respect

Post by lukek »

Hmmmm...The Pebble Beach judge in me says that the "bar" comes from an early series car (no fog lights, or fogs inscribed in the grille), while the "couch" has the unitary tail lights from the later series (like my series 3, #4823). So....either two cars were destoryed, or is this the "interim mystery car"?
Now I feel a strange urge to go out and buy a navy jacket with a crest and a straw hat with a black band (I own a clipboard already). I will start with judging the cars in my neighbors' driveways. One day, if I get good enough, they will pick me. And then, I am gonna give extra points for dirt in the wheel wells.
:)
luke'
tyang

Post by tyang »

If the trunk floor is still intact, the PF number can be seen stamped by the spare tire holder. That number can be correlated with the VIN. The only problem is the seat would have to be removed to get under there.

PF numbers are stamped all over the place, so I'm sure somewhere on those body parts, there'll be a number.

Tom
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

I had a series II a long time ago, #3547, and both the front end and taillights matched this bar/sofa. I lost track of it some time ago. It looked almost exactly like these 2 pieces of furniture. Hmmm, makes me wonder.
Pete

The car would have been turned into ...

Post by Pete »

... yet another GTO or TR replica. Thus the body was not required. I could swear at them but don't want to pollute Tom's site.

BTW Tom, would that grill fit your car? Just a thought.

Pete
jmp85

Re: The car would have been turned into ...

Post by jmp85 »

[quote="Pete"]
BTW Tom, would that grill fit your car? Just a thought.
[/quote]

my first thought when i saw the bar... just need to add that horse, and pronto!
tyang

Post by tyang »

Yes, that grill would probably fit, but a couple thousand bucks for the attached nose is not worth it!

Tom
Tom Wilson

Bar

Post by Tom Wilson »

Take another look at the bar picture:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =914138772

What is that to the left of the dummy bartender? I think it is a couch made from the back seat! OUCH!