Daytona Clock

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Paul

Daytona Clock

Post by Paul »

My friend (who doesn't have a computer) is trying to remove his clock from his Daytona. He was able to get one knurled knob off but not the other. His question is can he remove the entire gague plate and tilt it forward enough to get at the clock. If not does the tach and speedo cables have to be unscrewed. If so can the cables be unscrewed by tilting the the entire gage plate forward. I have a Daytona too but have not tried this procedure. Thanks
Mike G.

Post by Mike G. »

Paul,

I recently took apart my Daytona dash and yes, he should be able to unscrew the four knurled nuts holding the metal face plate and then lean it forward to get the clock. He may encounter problems working around the steering wheel (I had removed mine first) and the nuts holding the instruments on the backside can be frozen to the studs. I soaked mine with penetrating oil and broke a few.

I sent my entire instrument cluster to Mike at D&M (listed on Tom's Supplier's Page) and he removed and rebuilt all my instruments and fixed several of the retaining studs that I had broken. My only complaint with D&M is that Mike had to literally cut the chrome bezel in half to dissassemble the gauges.

He's lucky he doesn't have a computer, I should spend more time on my car and less time surfing for parts...
Restoring a Ferrari is like being married to a red head -- sometimes its a hassle and sometimes it just feels good.
Paul

Daytona Clock

Post by Paul »

I have just finished tooling up a box wrench for the knurled knobs for the Daytona gauges. Maybe the wrench would work for other gauges. If you would like one let me know.

The reason for the box wrench was to remove indiviual gauges without removing the gauge plate. Paul