Daytona

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Paul

Daytona

Post by Paul »

Does anyone time to answer this question? Regarding the DR, R and DL switches across the bottom of the dash: to turn the switches ON, should the switches be flipped up or down? Thanks
Ruedi

Post by Ruedi »

Interesting -- well, annoying, actually.

Paul, I just had a look at all of your posts: http://www.tomyang.net/cars/phpBB2/sear ... uthor=Paul .

Has it ever occured to you that it appears that you demand answers on Tom's BB, but you have never answered a question or volunteered i nformation that helps anybody else? Don't you think there is an imbalance?

I, for one, am not meaning to offend you, or wanting to start a flame war or trying to muffle you, but reading your posts somehow rubs me the wrong way. What I'm trying to point out seems to be the same notion that is at the root of http://www.tomyang.net/cars/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=484 .

Let's hope this is my problem, not yours -- in which case I sincerely apologize.

Best regards,

Ruedi
Matt F

Post by Matt F »

Hi, Paul.

All I think that Ruedi is asking for is a short introduction.

Do you have the Daytona, or does your friend? In what capacity are you currently able to do the work yourself? What s/n are you working on?

I believe that the switches should switch down for on.

--Matt
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Ruedi,

Eventhough you don't mean to offend Paul you are in fact offensive. How can you not want to start a "flame war" when you take a stand like that? If you have an opinion of this nature you may not attack a person directly as you did. You could just as well email that person privately.

John Vardanian
Dr. Ian Levy

Daytona

Post by Dr. Ian Levy »

I agree with John V
I have received so much help & support from Tom personally & you other guys that I will always be grateful.
My car wich is now running & recently was driven out of my workshop would not be so far along the restoration path without that help & encoragement.
Unfortunately we may not all be such great communicators so a little encouragement to communicate your information would be more welcome than immediately using the big stick.
Although these are motor cars that we all love we must keep our perspective of what we are doing
Regards from across the pond
Ian L
manchester
UK
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Guys,

Some of us have more questions to ask than answers, so I certainly don't want to turn anyone away because they ask too much. I knew very little about Ferrari several years ago, and if not for the generosity of the Ferrari knowledgeable, I would still know nothing! I created this website to collect this information and for vintage owners to gather. I hope to make it a friendly place so all I ask is to be polite. Appreciate the knowledge being shared, and be nice to the uninformed!

Thanks!

Tom Yang
'63 330 America #5053
Mike G.

Post by Mike G. »

Paul,

Hopefully my posting regarding the clock will be helpful. I would love to help you with the switch question, but unfortunately my switches were not working when I purchased the car and with the dash dissassembled I may never figure out which way was "on" or "off".

Someone should write a book about how to DISSASSEMBLE a car so that you document everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) before you go too deep. I have notes, diagrams, pictures and video, but I fear I'll still forget how to put some things back together.

Good luck and let me know if you find out which way the switches go.

- mike
Restoring a Ferrari is like being married to a red head -- sometimes its a hassle and sometimes it just feels good.
Charlie_Dodge

Post by Charlie_Dodge »

In my car (a series 2) you press the bottom of the rocker in to turn it on.
Charlie Dodge
1966 330 2+2 series 2 sn 8095
1967 BMW 2000cs
1974 BMW 3.0cs
2000 BMW 323it
2001 BMW 325ci
1991 Miata
Paul

Daytona

Post by Paul »

Hi Reudi,

I am very new to Ferrari. I bought my Daytona 2 years ago this August. If I had something constructive to say I would. I was the historian for nine years and am a national judge for the Austin Healey Club. If you have any Austin Healey questions fire away. I also know a bit about the Jag XKE. Unfortunately I am a neophyte when it comes to Ferrari. I will look forward to the day that I will know something technical about this marque that will be productive to this site.

BTW the consensus is the switch is activated in the down position and I appreciate the input.

Best, Paul
Paul

Daytona

Post by Paul »

Ruedi,

After reading the comments again I would be happy to sumit a picture and story of my car sn. 14233. Paul
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Walcome Aboard Paul! I hope you are enjoying your car.

Art S. 7919
Paul

Daytona

Post by Paul »

I thought you would like to know that I made my first technical contribution.

It is listed under "Daytona Clock" and reads as follows:

I have just finished tooling up a box wrench for the knurled knobs for the Daytona gauges. Maybe the wrench would work for other gauges. If you would like one let me know.

The reason for the box wrench was to remove indiviual gauges without removing the gauge plate. Paul
Paul

Daytona

Post by Paul »

Thanks Art!!