Question regarding indent for badge on front ...

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Pete

Question regarding indent for badge on front ...

Post by Pete »

... First of all I am no expert on Ferrari badging, thus could very well be wrong, but shouldn't your car have the rectangular indent on the nose for the badge?

I cannot seem to see this in recent pictures (and have not done the extensive research required to find an earlier picture of this area).

Do not all Ferraris have this badge?

I also suspect that all the badges are held on the old fashioned way of the holes in the panels and little pegs/pins on the badge itself. Again I cannot see these holes (they could be there though) ... do you plan to drill them later, or did Ferrari glue their badges on?

Just interested.
Pete
ps. Car looks great and the people that know and appreciate (old) cars, will know what it is ... the others well, they live in a car is an A to B object, and miss out on our fun. The young people might not get it also, as my children only think the new winged wonders are remotely interesting.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Pete,

Nope, my car does not have the indent for the badge, and as far as I know, no other 250GTE has the indent. I do remember seeing the indent on 275GTBs, but am not sure if it exists on other cars. Perhaps it has something to do with which coach builder built the car, or which year the car was built.

I do have the holes, and when I stop spending money on the interior, I'll buy a new badge!

Tom
horner

Front Badge Indent

Post by horner »

The badge on our 330 GT (#8325) is not indented. Jack Horner
bill rose

badge indent . . .

Post by bill rose »

365GT2+2s DO have the indent for the emblem. Bill