hartford concors

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

buddy

hartford concors

Post by buddy »

Tom , anybody going to the hartford concors (June 19/20) ? Michael Bayer and I are going to show up . It would be nice to see a bunch of 330's together . Buddy # 9667
1967 330 gt 2+2 # 9667
Yale

Post by Yale »

I am planning on going and I'll do everything I can to drag Tom with me. Michael Greespan is also planning on going, apprently one of his leaf (sp?) springs is broken and Francois has been searching for a replacement. He will cobble something together in the meantime. --Hmmm broken leaf spring, now that's a scary thought on a cross country trip. Best, Yale
horner

Post by horner »

If my car is fixed, I'll be there. I have reg forms &/or info if you need it. Just contact me. LJH
Jack Horner, 1966 330 GT 2+2 Series II, s/n 8325 (x-1981 Mondial 8, s/n 36213)
josh

Post by josh »

I'll be there to drool on all your cars.
--

1966 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
1967 Fiat Dino Spider
http://www.hitchhiker.org/fiat/
rpalmer

Post by rpalmer »

Ditto. And I'll bring friends to help drool.

-RP
Michael Greenspan

The good Lord willing and no creeks rising

Post by Michael Greenspan »

As Yale said, I am planning to be there. The last conversation with Francois was the he would do something to allow me to get there. It will probably be the first outing for a car that I bought in late September in California and was delivered to Francois on October 10th. Until we hit the spring (little s not the Spring), we were progressing very nicely.

This morning my wife reminded me that she has only seen the car once and has never even sat in it. It's a good thing that it was a present from our son and her to me rather than vice versa. I think that the Monty Python line always applies to dealing with a car this age - "no one expected the Spanish Inquisition" and who expects a cracked leaf spring? See you in Hartford.

Oh - Finally - I don't believe that our house is in any shape that could welcome anyone so I have to unhappily withdraw the idea that we can use our house for R&R before or afterwards - But, there is always hope for next year.

Michael
tyang

Post by tyang »

I will be there, and my car will be there in spirit! Without gauges, it'll be hard to drive!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Michael Greenspan

Post by Michael Greenspan »

As of yesterday, I have given up hope of having 4969 appear in public next weekend. I am planning to be there Sunday and look forward to meeting all of you. See you then. Michael
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Guys,

There are a bunch of guys I would like to meet at Hartford next Sunday, and was wondering if we want to pick a landmark and time to meet sometime during the day so we can put some names to faces for everyone who participate on this board.

I think JAshburne has been several times, and maybe can offer a suggestion for a meeting place at say, 2pm?

I'd also like to see with "a show of hands" who will be there. Here are the people I know so far:
Me
Yale
Michael Greenspan
Josh
horner
JAshburne

As others chime in, I'll edit this list.

I'm really looking forward to meeting some of you eastcoast enthusiasts!

Tom

P.S. If there's is anyone who doesn't know if they can make a specific meeting time/place, you can email me tom@tomyang.net for my cell number, so we can at least touch base and say hi!
'63 330 America #5053
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

Tom,

If Francois can get my brakes done I'll be there. Othewise, maybe. So its in Francois' hands.

Hopefully I will see all of you there.

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
JAshburne

Post by JAshburne »

Hi Guys

The concours is held in the middle of the big grass field in front of the State House building in downtown Hartford. In good weather they have a tent and a stage set up for a band (at least they did 2 years ago, last year they moved up to the driveway/parking area because of the rain) and so a logical place to meet would be right by the tent.

It's pretty wide open, no places to hide, so finding each other shouldn't be too bad. I like the 2 o'clock idea.

I may not make it if my daughter gets picked to be in the Little League Softball All-Star game that will be playing that afternoon. Otherwise I'll see you there!

John
John Ashburne
1983 400i 5 speed, silver/black
horner

Post by horner »

Looks like we will be "good to go" on Sunday. Faxed my reg form this a.m. Meeting at 2.00 p.m. is good idea. We (Susie, teenage daughter, & I) will arrive 10ish, & put the car in its assigned slot. Will trust you guys w/ my numbers if it helps to gather us. Hope to see many of you there. LJH
203-358-2151 (o)
203-246-9705 (m)
Jack Horner, 1966 330 GT 2+2 Series II, s/n 8325 (x-1981 Mondial 8, s/n 36213)
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

As of this afternoon, my car is still waiting for parts so I doubt I will make it.

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
tyang

Post by tyang »

If anyone wants to meet, how about 2pm at the tent?

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
josh

Post by josh »

Great weather, and a nice variety of cars. It would have been nice to see more vintage ones, though ;-)

It was also nice to meet a few of you in person today!
--

1966 Fiat 1500 Cabriolet
1967 Fiat Dino Spider
http://www.hitchhiker.org/fiat/