Cloudy Gauges

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Luke,

I think D&M wanted $400 for the speedo and tach, and that price is for all the handwork involved in making these lenses from scratch. I tried to find a way to have these lenses made cheaper, but didn't have any luck. I'm not sure if there would be a bulk discount if we had more made.

I decided to pass on these lenses for now...Baby's gotta eat!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
lukek

Post by lukek »

But you are in NYC !!!! Just take your daughter to a few gallery openings and she will love the free crackers, brie, and wine. No more sleepless nights, either.
I know what you mean. I am tightening the belt to make that second play car purchase. Hmmm....what else can I sell on Ebay?
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
tyang

Post by tyang »

We are all very lucky to even own these cars, and there are a lot of other things that make me thankful, so not having the coin to do the rest of the gauges is not the worst thing in life!

I got my small gauges back today, and they look great!!! Look for a write up in my next post!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
TIFOSO13

Post by TIFOSO13 »

Tom I'm still in
tyang

Post by tyang »

I spoke to Mike today at D&M and he's gearing up to print your gauges lenses. I'll be sending the laser cut lenses to him this week. Since I know there are always procrastinators, I made a few extra sets, but you have to get your order in so Mike will honor the special $20 per print for his lenses. If he has to set up a special printing just for your lenses, it will be more expensive.

I'm charging $10 bucks per lens, and Mike is charging $20 per printing. You need to send me the money for the lenses, and send Mike your lenses so he knows which ones you need duplicated. You also need to pay Mike for the printing service. Mike takes credit cards, I take checks and Paypal.

For GTEs, Mike may be able to print the numbers without getting your lenses, but since Mike is not a Ferrrari guy, I would send him you lenses to make sure he gets it right!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
xs10shl

Post by xs10shl »

I peeled the cloudy lenses out of my Lusso this morning, and I'm sending them tomorrow. If the results are half as good as the pictures I've seen, them I'm going to be a happy man!
Racerrad

Post by Racerrad »

I received my new lenses today from D&M. My thanks to Tom for putting this group deal together. I can hardly wait to get these installed.

Rad
1963 250 GTE S/N 4221 w/ 330 engine.
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Guys,

This is just in on the Speedometer and Tach lenses. Tom Farrell, a fellow 250 owner e-mailed me this note:
About the Speedo and tack lenses I have found the lenses that is a match and I can cut them out for $52.00 each and that includes the lenses. Mike at D&M will silkscreen the lenses for $40.00 each to match the original. If anyone is looking to have some made they can E-mail me at tgfarrell@adelphia.net . If you want to see picture let me know and I will do the best I can at taking a picture of a clear part.
That adds up to $184 for the tach and speedo lenes, compared to $400 Mike was charging to hand carve these lenses out. Gotta love the resourcefulness of our membership! Thanks Tom!

Tom Yang
'63 330 America #5053
Racerrad

Gauge faces for sale

Post by Racerrad »

The faces I ordered are perfect, but it turns out I need the Italian version not English. If anyone is interested in a complete set of five at cost, please send me an e-mail and they are yours.
1963 250 GTE S/N 4221 w/ 330 engine.
grumpy2

tach and speedo lenses

Post by grumpy2 »

hello everyone this is my first post my name is Tom Farrell and I am cutting the new tach and speedo lenses. I am intested in how many people would be intested in them. I am going to place an order for the lense that I cut them from and I am trying to keep the shipping cost down. I will be cutting the lenes and shipping them to mike at D&M package with the name of whom they belong. You will be paying me for the lenes and the cutting of the new shape $52.00 each. I will E-mail each person after I have shipped there lenes to D&M. You will then pay D&M for the silkscreening work $40.00 each. I f you have any questions please E-mail me at

tgfarrell@adelphia.net Thanks Tom F 63 250 GTE s/n 4157
lukek

Post by lukek »

I just sent you a check, so count me in.
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
grumpy2

speedo lens

Post by grumpy2 »

Hi I have talked to Mike a D&M and he can't find his silk-screen plate for the english speedo lens. If there is anyone who has a english speedo lens out of there speedo that Mike could use to make a new plate. He will send your old one back. This will help all of us who are is need for a new english speedo. Thanks Tom Farrell

D&M 1-800-722-0854
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Tom,

If Mike at D&M doesn't get an MPH gauge by the winter time, I can send him mine in a couple of months.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
lukek

Post by lukek »

I just got mine in the mail today. I asked him to send them even without the speedo. Let's see how many tabs I break and how many gaskets I tear when doing the R&R.
I think he is still looking at his plate for the speedo. I guess if he does not find, there is the additional expense of making the artwork, even after tom (or someone else) sends him a template for US version.

thx
luke
grumpy2

lenses

Post by grumpy2 »

Hi Luke

Hope everything looks ok. Post back after you have installed it and if you could e-mail me a picture after you are done. After looking at all the cars that are for sale out there and I am very suprized to see how many of them have NOT fixed the lenses. Hope everything goes well with the install.
Thanks Tom F.