Source for Daytona interior stuff

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Tspringer

Source for Daytona interior stuff

Post by Tspringer »

My efforts to re-dye the ancient seat covers for my Daytona have not yielded the results I desired. The seat covers are NOS leather which are in great shape, but the leatherique dye just didnt come out great.

I also would really like to have the interior be tan/black as it was originally. Currently, its all black. So, I am going to replace the seat covers, door panels and center console with new tan leather. I may also replace the carpet. The door panels, center console cover and carpet in my car now are all in excellent shape.... just the wrong color. I intend to sell these items when my project is done. So.... anyone needing some nice black interior parts contact me.

I know re-originals sells all these items.... but they are EXPENSIVE! Anyone know of another source for high quality seat covers, door panels, carpet and a console kit?

I may stay with the black carpet. I am not sure what color the carpet was originally. The Ferrari heritage certificate is not specific, and Im not sure if the build sheets tell this or not.

Thanks for the help. Ill shoot some photos as the project progresses.

Terry
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Terry,

As you can see from my interior restoration, there is no easy way out! I would recommed Frank, but he's currently got two Ferraris in the que!

Frank did a couple of Daytona/Dino interiors with Black and Tan interiors where the pleats are alternating colors. Very 70s, but very cool looking. I think that with a tan carpet looks great!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Leo

Post by Leo »

hi terry,
i think that you'd be better off buying leather and finding a quality
interior shop locally and having them do the work.
i bought my hides through Bill Hirsch in Newark

but if you are looking for kits, i think that Auto Mat on long island
has kits for your car
Paul

Post by Paul »

Can you send pictures? How much are you asking for your interior when removed? Thanks
Paul

Post by Paul »

Bascom Upholstry in Santa Clara, CA does beautiful work. Sorry I don't have the phone # but they are listed in the directory. They will do what ever you want. Paul
Tspringer

Post by Tspringer »

Thanks for the replies!

Tom.... your interior restoration is simply amazing! My hat is off to your patience.

One reason I would like to purchase the interior as a kit is that I can then install it myself. I have done interior installations on XKEs, various Porsches, Healeys and TR6s, so I am pretty proficient with installing a high quality kit. But I cannot sew! Also... the Daytona seat center sections are pretty dang complicated, sure seems it would be tough to do it from scratch and get it right.

The seat covers I have now and that I have just re-dyed black would really need to be stripped and dyed again to be nice. Im pretty sure my efforts did not come out to my satisfaction because I bushed on the leatherique instead of spraying it. This resulted in the dye going on too thick and you can see faint brush strokes if you look closely. These are NOS seat covers, the leather is in great shape.... but it would need to be stripped back again.

The door panels and in great shape as is the carpet. If I decided to sell it, and I probably will, I figure the door panels, carpet and seat covers are all worth perhaps $1500.

Ill contact some of the folks you guys suggested.

Thanks!

Terry

PS: Ill take lots of pics of the kits and install when I get too it.
rock

Post by rock »

Hello Terry, you should have a look up here in Toronto, our interior restorter has may years of experience with ferrari. He also has the proper dies for the daytona inserts, not to mention the 40% discount on the exchange rate. I may have some used tan interior parts from the daytona restoration we have in the shop at the present time.

Rocco
(416) 686-8700

tifosi@bellnet.ca