blow-by part 2

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

eve23

blow-by part 2

Post by eve23 »

hi tom

thanks for having me...
i have not found an informative tech site as this site since the 356 registry site.....guys who work on their cars and know what they're talking about...

i had new gaskets nuts & bolts tightened with brass washers etc,....
all leaks have been taken care of....
the clock shows 69k and according to all records on the car this could be correct....the car is an east coast car with a stop in texas.....

i think the theory about the car sitting is the correct one in this case ..
i've had the car for about 3 yrs and if i put 200 miles on it thats a lot....

i think this car was a sitter....and because of the blow by it still is ...
i get a headache everytime i finish driving it and my clothes stink..
i can't help thinking about gianni agnelli getting out of one of his cars in his beautiful suits and brooks brothers shirts with his watch over the cuff and smelling like toxic blow by!!!

i have bottles of the lead additive and marvels but the mechanic who worked on the gaskets and leaks said i should try this new gas tank full with high octane and no lead additive beacause we wanted to see if this will help to cut down on the stink.....

i was also going to divert the blow by hoses down to blow out the bottom of the car for now.....thoughts....??

what are thoughts on adding both marvel and lead additive at the same time ??

thanks
eddie
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Eddie,

I don't know if there is any science to stopping the smoking with additives. It would seem to me the lead additive is a preventative measure to save the valve seats, so consider that when thinking it will lessen the smoke.

Let us know what happens when you use these additives because I'm sure you're not alone in wanting to breathe better when driving your car!

Have you done a leak down/compression test on the engine? Worn guides will not show themselves in these tests, but you'll get a better idea what the rings and valve seats are doing.

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
eve23

blow by cont'd

Post by eve23 »

i had a leak down and compression test ....
everything seems to be where it should be....

so its probably a valve seat or guide problem.....

the car needs a real hard driving to blow out the engine and reseat everything ...i think

i find that the car is a little sluggish when i click on the overdrive.....
it doesn't have that ferrari kick that i'm looking for......

do you know what i mean???