330 Series II radiator core

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Michael Bayer

330 Series II radiator core

Post by Michael Bayer »

I have my old from the factory radiator core which I swaped out for a modern 5 tube version, it is without the top and bottom cans, needs cleaning, had never been damaged so the fins ate in good shape, don't know what elese it might fit on, need the garrage space. Does anyone want it? Michael Bayer 1967 330 GT #9727
enio45

Rad

Post by enio45 »

Michael, i would like to see a pic of your new set up if you can? I'm in the process of deciding to take my rad out and was thinking of something more efficient.

I'd like t keep it all stock looking, does yours look stock?

eemonti@it.ibm.com
Ed Montini
330 GT 2+2 Series II - 8289
58 Ellena - 0855GT - orig drivetrain
87 El Camino SS
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

It looks just like the old one but with more fins per inch and, I have never been called for it in any FCA judging (two platnums and one tied for first platnum) further, I have never even seen a point off for the modern replacement electric fans. With the 5 tubes its a tiny fraction thicker in the body, but the old top and bottom cans were used in the recoring so it dropped right in, I did not even have to take the hood off, just the travel stop, blocking the hood to stand vertical. With an alternator and air conditioner you might have to shorten the two top straps to move the radiator slightly forward for clearance. I would suggest two of the Pep Boy electric fans at the same time, they move tons more air that those Enzo bought from the Prince of Darkness, and they are a breeze (bad pun I know) to instal at the same time., and two preserves the independent action of the AC cooler operation as designed, Michael Bayer
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

Michael,

Are those Pep Boys fans just as good as the Kenlowes I have heard about? Need more air for my car as well.

Regards,

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
Michael Bayer

Post by Michael Bayer »

They look close enough to me, but in the spirit of full disclosure, I made the Lucas fans run right and adjusted them for optimum air flow, however if I was to do it over I would instal the new and super efficient fans, relegate the Lucas sets to the spares box. I would buy the max CFM at a 2X amperage that was manageable for that circuit, M
enio45

lucas fans

Post by enio45 »

michael, ref the lucas fans, u mentioned u made them run right and adjusted for max air flow. Can u explain what you mean by run right ? Also .... max air flow....how did u determine this. or adjust for this?

thanks for the info....i am getting my lucas motors back this week as they have been restored and would like to understand if i need to so some special things to get the most out of them.

thanks again
Ed Montini
87 El Camino SS
enio45

Radiator

Post by enio45 »

Michael, what shope did you use to have the core replaced? I would like to pursue this for my car!

Thanks for the info.......
Ed Montini
87 El Camino SS