275 convertible conversion at Fantasy Junction

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

sagaponack

275 convertible conversion at Fantasy Junction

Post by sagaponack »

What do you guys think of this car? Is this a decent investment? Could it enter concours?

http://www.fantasyjunction.com/search.p ... auto:FJ103

Best,

Rob

www.bridgemc.com
fest

mine

Post by fest »

my $.02 is that it should be a decent investment
(pretty much the same as a Daytona 'conversion' IMHO)

but may not have the pedigree to satisfy the concours snobs

I think if you like it, buy it
AKB
~~~~~~~
400i SI 32635
Art S.

Post by Art S. »

This car was discussed on Ferrarichat (vintage section). Very nice car.

Art S.
1965 330 2+2 series 2 7919
matt

Post by matt »

I have not seen it in person, but from the photos it looks very nice.The prices on 275's have been going up quickly for the past few years.Are people finally realizing that it is one of the last real hand built ferraris? Or the euro?Three years ago you could have purchased a perfect 4 cam for about 350K.Check the vin on this car, it may not only be a NART conversion but also changed from a short to a long nose. For this price I would expect a very fresh restoration done by a well known shop with good documentation. I prefer a coupe, but that car looks great.I would call michael sheehan to look up the history for you.
eve23

Post by eve23 »

i think it is wonderful....ok... so its not a real one, but you'll save about 4ooK......and be able to get a tan .... who would be better than you??
only a guy with a real one.... and whats the chances you'll be driving next to one of those??? never....
Pete

Post by Pete »

eve23 wrote:i think it is wonderful....ok... so its not a real one, but you'll save about 4ooK......and be able to get a tan .... who would be better than you??
only a guy with a real one.... and whats the chances you'll be driving next to one of those??? never....
Yep same can be said for a replica ... but when people buy 275's they don't think like that ;)

Pete