Altissimo

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

lukek

Altissimo

Post by lukek »

So I left Concorso a little early, afraid to get caught in another overheating traffic jam...Here are the numbers that one board member wanted to look up, but my car was not there. They are on the reflector of the tail light:

K11276
APP 1GN
0120C2 A5255

They kind of look like IP numbers, but here they are.

BTW, the highlight of my weekend was the test drive of the Maser 4Porte and Coupe around the 17 mile drive. 30 minutes playing with the Cambiocorsa software at the invitation of FNA. Very cool.

Next event, we will bring a babysitter, though.
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
eve23

Post by eve23 »

luke
i'm sorry i missed monterey......
i heard they still have some glitches to fix...
what was the highlight of the show??
did you make laguna seca on sat??

a sister company of mine does the maserati adverts and on fri i bumped into someone who just got back from modena and saw the 2006 maserati
3200 replacement...it is designed by pininfarina now and he said it looks like a baby qporte but in cabrio!!! i think i found what i was searching for!!!!!

i love the qporte and was at its NY premier last year...
i was talking with the head designer and about the prototype that was at the show and the little bugs like the cheap plastic glove compartment box knob and how the very front of the car is very similar to the '62 vignale spyder...did it seem like it was thought out and all the little things fixed?

pininfarina is now allowed to design cars for maserati because they were bought by ferrari and there was a non compete clause that went way back to enzo......

eddie
lukek

Post by lukek »

Yep, there were some glitches. Exhibitor, commuter, and spectator traffic was routed through one street, no cops directing people through 2 way stop signs, and I actually had to pull over to cool things a bit. I would have done advance placement the day before, but the e-mail about it came just days before (no way to change the hotel reservation), and the organizers promised "no more traffic jams". I am not really trying to complain, as the event scale, the cars, and the people were awesome, but I was a little stressed out about the car idling in all that traffic.
I did not go to the track, but I came back "sans family" for the FCA show at the Quail. Met some real characters, an Enzo owner, got to see what all the fuss was about with the P4 on the field and did my volunteer duty to hand out the placards (with owner's name and car type). I got a free lunch, a cool shirt, and got to ogle. Staying at the Quail the night before was a little personal treat.
The highlight of the week? (Besides the blue and white 250 GT Zagato of David S)
A little personal......It was seeing my son posing for the Autoweek photographer, in his Ferrari Tshirt, hat, and with his Modena model in the sand trap...
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.