Mouse Hair Dash Material

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Mouse Hair Dash Material

Post by tyang »

Attention owners of early 70s Ferraris!

I got this e-mail from Rich Santana, a Californian Upholsterer:
hi Tom, I own a high end trim shop in California, and have on occasion, chances to buy original or replacement material. i have just purchased a fair amount of mousehide vinyl. this is the original style covering for the dashes on your Ferraris. this material is EXTREMELY hard to find, the last time i found some was back in '98 and i paid approx. $125.00 per yard. I would like to get this material out to the restoration market to be used by the people who need it most. I am asking less than half the price I paid in 98. if yu know of anybody doing restorations or supply houses, pleas contact me or pass on my name. thank you for your time. Rich Santana www.santanainteriors.com
His e-mail is:
rich@santanainteriors.com

Considering Re-Originals wants $220 a meter, I think this is a great deal! Please let Rich Know I sent you!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
eve23

Post by eve23 »

hi rich
dennis mccann was looking for this material last week...
i'll pass along to him
the 246 dinos used the dark grey.....and sometimes black.....
which color do you have??
eddie
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Eddie,

Doesn't Dennis run All Ferrari Parts in OH? Unless Dennis plans on passing on the savings to the consumer, I'm hoping some actual Ferrari owners can get it before a retailer buys all of it!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
Deane

Post by Deane »

I think the mouse hair material starts out quite dark but fades rapidly to a medium gray.
Deane
'67 330GTS (gone but not forgotten)