Ferrari expert in Ft. Lauderdale/Motorcar Gallery

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Steve Meltzer

Ferrari expert in Ft. Lauderdale/Motorcar Gallery

Post by Steve Meltzer »

For my very first post on the list, this has got to be pretty inappropriate, considering the gravity of the situation with all the mayhem in Florida. I visited Motorcar Gallery in April and saw the 365 2+2 they had, but was not sure I was ready to take the plunge to Ferrari ownership, and I'm still not. However, they have a 330 GT 2+2 that does interest me more. They owed this car previously and now have it back. I was curious as to their rep for honesty. They told me the car was excellent, and only needed to have the brakes bled. I thought this an odd item to be left undone....unless...there's reason why it can't be adequaely and quickly bled read: an expensive repair!

They recommended a mechanic named Tim Stanford to have a pre-purchase inspection. Anybody know him?
Anyone have any other recs for a competent inspection of a car from them?

thanx steve meltzer, Ferrari owner-wannabe
steve meltzer,
"I've spent all of my money on wine, a beautiful woman, and stunning cars. Then, squandered the rest."
400iGuy

Re: Ferrari expert in Ft. Lauderdale/Motorcar Gallery

Post by 400iGuy »

They recommended a mechanic named Tim Stanford to have a pre-purchase inspection. Anybody know him?
Anyone have any other recs for a competent inspection of a car from them?

thanx steve meltzer, Ferrari owner-wannabe

Tim Stanford is a widely recognized Ferrari expert and good guy. Tim writes the Tech Tips column in the FCoA Florida Region's REDLINE newsletter. My experience taking my Ferrari to his shop earlier this year could not have been better. They had my V12 running perfectly after multiple attempts at various businesses in central Florida couldn't figure it out. I understand he was a factory trained mechanic at Shelton Ferrari before opening his own business (I believe with his brother). Tim has been in business in Ft. Lauderdale (next to airport) for a long time.
400iGuy
1984 400iA 50605 Sera Blu/Tan
horner

Post by horner »

If it's s/n 8101, search this site for previous posts from as recently as the past month or two. I looked at the car back in 2001 and from descriptions I heard I don't think it's in better shape now. The people at that dealership seem friendly enough and their PPI recommendation guy is well reputed. Check Kerry's site for history, etc. Go through all the normal homework and Caveat Emptor. LJH
Jack Horner, 1966 330 GT 2+2 Series II, s/n 8325 (x-1981 Mondial 8, s/n 36213)