Dan Reese's 330 GT 2+2

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

tyang

Dan Reese's 330 GT 2+2

Post by tyang »

Hi Guys,

Just posted pictures and story behind Dan Reese's recently purchased 330 GT 2+2. Congratulations!

http://www.tomyang.net/cars/ferrari.htm ... /reese.htm

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Dan,

Nice car and gorgeous color scheme! Congrads!

john
Koll

Post by Koll »

Yes, beautiful car. Very partial to green and the 330 wears it very well. Is it too crass to ask what was paid? I'm kindda curious and trying to develop a handle on the market. If not, I totally understand.
rleander

Post by rleander »

Fuzzy had it listed in the FML this spring at $59,000, I'd be interested to know what it brought. Looks great, enjoy it.
DBR330GT

Post by DBR330GT »

Thanks to Tom and everyone else!

Verde Scuro wasnt on the color palate for Ferrari for 1967 according to Bluemel in Orig Ferrari V12, so this may be a unique 330. It also had special order perforated leather seats.

If you are familiar with Keith Martins rating system this car is a solid 2 in condition and its greatest strength is its originality.

Fuzzy came thru as he promised and made the car in need nothing condition, both mechanically and cosmetically. For example the day before I was to pick it up, they took it for a drive and said it needed the rubber donut and pinion seal replaced, so they said I couldnt have it yet because they wanted to fix it before giving it to me (without increasing cost of car). Also I asked him to do a bunch of stuff like repair a hole in the headliner, put new seatbelts in etc. Putting all this together I felt the asking price was justified and paid that price
rleander

Post by rleander »

I agree with your view of Fuzzy. I lived in Pittsburgh for a couple of years while he was running AutoPalace, and spent a lot of Saturday mornings there looking at (and often test driving) his latest offerings (this was just before AutoPalace became a P dealer). While he never had the right car for me, he did provide great service and advice on the car I finally did buy ('91 348ts). Have not been by to see his new place but will get there someday.

The car looks and great and sounds like a winner, congrats!!!
jsa330

Post by jsa330 »

Absolutely beautiful 330 and well worth the price. Congrats!
Current: 1983 308 GTS
R.I.P: 330 2+2 s/n 5409
kare

Post by kare »

I'm pretty happy to see this car alive! There has been some reports of some fire damage at Exoticars of Pittsburgh and for a long time I've been wondering whether it survived or was serious enough to have been parted out (knowing very little damage may be enough for some people to turn them into spare parts or yet another replica).

The color combination is gorgeous!
Best wishes, Kare
Rudy van Daalen Wetters

Post by Rudy van Daalen Wetters »

Que Bella Machina! Bravo, Dan.

Rudy van Daalen Wetters
1963 GTE s/n 4001
DBR330GT

Post by DBR330GT »

The car was not involved in the fire!!!

How do I know? This story came about as David Scaife's collection burned in a fire about 1995. First David Scaife told me personally he never owned this car. Second the owner of the car at the time, Roy Shelley, told me it was not in the fire but he DID buy some of Scaife's cars after the fire- this is where the confusion probably lies. Third Fuzzy told me it was not involved in the fire.

I have been doing a ownership history. I have an uninterrupted chain of owners from 1972 to present and most from 1966 to 1972. it was once owned by Prince Bernard of the Netherlands and he gave it as a gift to Author Cornelius Ryan. Check out Kerry's site- #9119- All data isnt there yet but will be there in a few days. I am the 23rd owner!

Dan
kare

Post by kare »

This is great news! I really like these cars and it is nice to know that another nice car with special history is around "unharmed"!

Care to report the internal engine number for your car? Would expect an even number little above 2100 for your car!

Best wishes, Kare
DBR330GT

Post by DBR330GT »

Hi Kare,

Its 2120. You have quite a knowledgible historical base on these cars!
fuiszt

Post by fuiszt »

Great car and color Dan-
Tony
64 330gt 2+2 #6413
kare

Post by kare »

My knowledge is largely based on helpfull owners who care to report their findings! Thanks for helping me to take another small step forward!

Best wishes, Kare