Seat Belts

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

simonc

Seat Belts

Post by simonc »

Tom. Have seen the site http://www.securon.com/

These people, although in the UK, have a huge supply of seat belts, fixings, belt colours etc. They were original suppliers in the UK to Ferrari UK in the sixties, I beleive.

If you need any help from London just let me know.

Simon
tyang

Post by tyang »

Thanks Simon,

...but is it me, or is most of that website not completed?

Tom
Yale

Post by Yale »

I also had trouble pulling up the SECRON site but I did find this info:

Land Transport Safety Authority of New Zealand Te Mana Marutau Waka Whenua o Aotearoa
7-27 Waterloo Quay, PO Box 2840, Wellington, New Zealand. Tel (04) 494 8600, Fax (04) 494 8601
INFOSHEET 1.13
Date: April 29, 1996
Authorisation: Andrew Justice, Manager, Safer Vehicles
Signature: ........................................................................
No. of Pages: 1
Checking Securon Seat-Belts
Situation:
In May 1994, a number of Securon lap seat-belts were voluntarily recalled because they had
been fitted with defective twin release buckles.
Clarification:
These Securon lap seat-belts are defective because the buckle mechanism does not lock
properly.
Action:
When performing a Warrant of Fitness (WoF) or Certificate of Fitness (CoF) inspection (on
any vehicle), AVI should check that the seat-belt buckle in every vehicle completely locks,
and:
1. If an AVI finds a Securon seat-belt fitted with a defective twin release buckle, an AVI
should not issue the vehicle with a Warrant of Fintess (WoF) and they should advise the
vehicle owner to contact their local Repco Autoparts or Lucas branches who will supply
them with a replacement seat-belt or seat-belts at no charge.
2. If an AVI finds any other brand of defective seat-belt fitted to a vehicle, the AVI should
not issue the vehicle with a WoF and the vehicle owner should be advised to replace the
defective seat-belt(s).
Disclaimer: This document is believed to be correct at the time of publication. However, the Land Transport Safety Authority
(LTSA) and its employees and agents involved in its preparation and publication, cannot accept liability for its contents or for any
consequences arising from its use. If the user of this publication is unsure if the information is correct, they should make direct reference to
the relevant legislation or contact the LTSA.

So maybe they are no longer with us. Yale
simonc

Post by simonc »

The site is fine from here (7.00pm Sunday evening GMT). I last spoke to Securon about three months ago and they were going strong then.