330 Imported to UK

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

grahamdelooze

Re: 330 Imported to UK

Post by grahamdelooze »

Hi Kerry,

Were you there or did someone send you them, I couldnt get in to the infield so it was parked out side in a sea of cars.
A big guy possibly called Francis on the FOC stand asked if I knew you. My car is still as I got it 6 years ago it just gets
the maintenance needed to keep it running. For this trip I changed the engine oil, gearbox, overdrive and diff oil, coolant
a rear brake cylinder and pipe and fluid. Got it MOT'd which is our road worthiness test did a few local miles to test it
then silverstone
330 GT 6159
tyang

Post by tyang »

Hi Graham,

It's great you have the car out and about. Driving them is what it's about!

Tom
'63 330 America #5053
330GT

Post by 330GT »

grahamdelooze wrote:Hi Kerry,

Were you there or did someone send you them, ...
Wasn't there, but I have 330 GT spotters all over the world.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
grahamdelooze

Post by grahamdelooze »

tyang wrote:Hi Graham,

It's great you have the car out and about. Driving them is what it's about!

Tom
I agree Tom and with the latest opinoins swinging towards cars retaining some patina with some even being sent off to be patinized if there is such a word. Pretty soon my car is going to look like its had a fortune spent on it. :wink:
330 GT 6159
klv

Post by klv »

Hi there! Being out in the carpark would explain why I didn't see your car there. We were at Silverstone on Saturday and Sunday with the 365 GT. Francis Newman is a nice guy and likes to see the older cars out and about. Make sure you get along to the Prescott Hillclimb meeting in late August as there is usually a lot of older V12s there on the day. Sean with a red 330 Mk 1 is oop north somewhere not far from you and he's usually at Prescott too - if not logged in here, so look out for him and a couple of the other guys from that part of the world.

I'm sorting my Silverstone pics at the moment, but if anyone wants to see some Goodwood Festival of Speed shots or some of the other events we've been to recently - check them here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bootie.boot

BTW Tom - those 275 trim clips look a lot like ones used on the soft top trim pieces on an Alfa Spider. If you've not got them already, send me a message with sizes and quantities and I'll have a look at work

Cheers

Andrew S
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
klv

Post by klv »

Correction - FOC UK Prescott picnic is the 12th of September - not August as I mentioned!
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens