Daytona at FFQC

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Tspringer

Daytona at FFQC

Post by Tspringer »

I went to what has to be the most fun Ferrari focused party on the planet. The Ferrari French Quarter Classic in New Orleans. This event is just insane!

I wont go into all the details (unless of coarse you goad me into it). Let just say is was a total blowout of a party that lasted 3 full days, involved a racetrack, New Orleans Jazz, amazing food, a concours event, a bourbon street blowout, 150+ New Orleans cops blocking off the road for us everywhere we went and LOTS of alcohol!

I had the Daytona up to 155mph on I10 through downtown New Orleans.... with the full blessing of the local police departments! A couple of guys in Enzos and F40LMs saw 200+.

I also drove the Daytona on No Problems Raceway. It was AMAZING! I expected the car to be a big heavy pig that handled terrible with brakes that died after 2 laps. I was pleasantly surprised! It was FAST! It also handled amazingly well. Very balanced and predictable, totally easy to use the power to manage it through a 4 wheel drift. I had it sideways around 50% of the track, yet it was always in complete control. A real blast to push hard!

I even took Gold in the concours event! Not bad considering I left the tool roll at home and I am missing a ton of stickers and stuff from the engine bay.

I would post some pics.... but cannot figure out how?!?!?!?

Go here to see some good pics:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38472

There are also lots more threads with details on the event in the Louisiana section of fchat.

Terry