Turn-signal stalk remanufacturing

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

Stephanm

Post by Stephanm »

No Art, that lusso is largely original and becoming less so every day as we are overhauling the interior, sending off the wheels, rebuilding the axle,. The car is light blue now, much more flattering than brown i must say.

Merry Christmas Art
Merry Christmas to all you other guys as well

Steve
klv

Re: Turn-signal stalk remanufacturing

Post by klv »

Sorry about resurrecting an ancient thread here guys, but we've just solved a headlight problem on the 365GT that manifested itself over the Goodwood Revival weekend, when the headlights stopped working on the way back to the hotel one evening!

After some testing, we worked out it was the sidelight contact, that is conveniently located (for some weird reason) in the end of the column stalk! Jim Simpson at ODD parts rebuilt the switch 3-4 years ago, but the contact for the sidelights has broken again and looks like it's going to be difficult to fix/replace.

We've wired up a separate switch to put on the sidelights for now, from which you can then go to headlights and high beam, but has anyone fixed these contacts before or have a lead on a good headlight stalk? Or for that matter explain why they made it like that? Seems a bloody silly idea to me... Alfas of the same era have all the contacts in the central mechanism, which is much more logical - and it's not often you can say that about Alfas! :D
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
330GT

Post by 330GT »

klv wrote:Sorry about resurrecting an ancient thread here guys, but we've just solved a headlight problem on the 365GT that manifested itself over the Goodwood Revival weekend, when the headlights stopped working on the way back to the hotel one evening!

After some testing, we worked out it was the sidelight contact, that is conveniently located (for some weird reason) in the end of the column stalk! Jim Simpson at ODD parts rebuilt the switch 3-4 years ago, but the contact for the sidelights has broken again and looks like it's going to be difficult to fix/replace.

We've wired up a separate switch to put on the sidelights for now, from which you can then go to headlights and high beam, but has anyone fixed these contacts before or have a lead on a good headlight stalk? Or for that matter explain why they made it like that? Seems a bloody silly idea to me... Alfas of the same era have all the contacts in the central mechanism, which is much more logical - and it's not often you can say that about Alfas! :D
Contact Verell at http://www.unobtainiumsupply.com/. He can mold new stalk ends onto your lever. If he doesn't have the correct mold, he will make one from your broken parts.
Regards, Kerry
http://www.330gt.com 330 GT Registry
http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari 250 PF Coupe 1643GT, 330 GT 2+2 8755GT, 308 GTS 23605
klv

Post by klv »

Thanks Kerry.
We've rigged up a separate switch for now, but it looks like a good option to get it back to the correct setup in due course.

Cheers

Andrew
Kelly La Velle & Andrew Stevens
Jim

Post by Jim »

ODD Parts rebuilt my 3 stalk setup for my 330GTS. He uses new, more durable plastics, and the stalks are stainless steel. Works well so far (about 3 yrs old).
Jim
'67 330 GTS
s/n 10567