How much $$ for a 250 GTE

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

william

Post by william »

Xs10shl Thanks for the reply. There has been some dicussion about the tool kit the car. I will find out.

Michael good advise. However with a PPI comes knowledge of a problem then explaining to my wife why I'm buying a car with problems. Only kidding good advise.

Spoke to owner last night say he recieved new fuel pump.

Thanks

William
lukek

Post by lukek »

William;

.....do you want to keep the car, or are you interested in just flipping it? One could read between the lines, but it might be better to ask...it changes the logistics and the advice. I am on the West coast and can recommend a PPI "companion", should you decide to fly out. What state is the car in? CA? Northern, or Southern?

luke
Ex 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, 99 Modena 360, 11 Maserati QPorte S, 08 merc gl550, 67 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertible, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, 2006 MV Agusta Brutale S, 1991 Ducati 907i.e.
william

Post by william »

Luke,

I would like to keep the car. However due to the new home I just want to know the real market value. I don't want to end up having to sell it and lose money. But I understand there's always a risk with cars.

William
eve23

Post by eve23 »

hi guys
i have made a lot of different car purchases....some where i flew to see the car others where i saw the car for the first time it got off the truck..

and overall i learned good lessons....if you ask the right questions and the person is truly being honest with you you should be fine...most car guys in our hobby are honest but there are those guys who are snakes....
who do this for a living and prey on our trusting nature....

it sounjds like these people who are "family connected" sound honets and are not out to screw you....it sounds like a great car and for the price you are in the money....i'd pull the trigger and buy the car....stop procrastinating because i've also learned whether its clothes, cars, books, ebay items or anything.....if you really want it buy it....because if you don't someone else will and when you finally say ok it will be gone....i've learned my lesson....even by 5 minutes.....buy it ..enjoy ...fix it....love ...drive it.....then when you get tired of it sell it ...or park it.....

but either way make a decision and live with it.....i would buy the car.....
and be done with it.....

because fuel pumps can be fixed and replaced at minimal costs.....
send it to whitepost and you'll have it back in 3 days....
maybe cost a few hundred dollars....and you're good to go....
then something else will go on the car....its inevitable...but you are getting a learning lesson that a lot of guys would die to have...you will know you're car inside and out and you will be a maven in a couple of years as your collection gets bigger and refined....
good luck and pull the trigger.
you'll regret it for the rest of ytour life if you don't....
eddie
william

Post by william »

Eddie, Thanks for the advise. My wife and I are talking about a trip to see the car and spend some time with my friend...... We had a long discussion about the car last night. I think your right if I dont go for it I will always regret it.

Thanks for being so honest I appreciate it.

William
eve23

Post by eve23 »

william
its nice that your wife is even interested in your hobby....
your off to a good start...my wife wants nothing to do with my cars...
ee
william

Post by william »

Thanks Eddie, My wife likes cars and drives an Audi TT. She was great through the 6 year restoration on my Avanti. The cool thing is we go to US Grand Prix every year and last year she bought a Ferrari hat, so I think she would like to see me get the car.

William
Sleeper

Post by Sleeper »

For what its worth my opinion.
After reading this thread am I correct in assuming that William can purchase this car for about $40,000? Based on asking prices of 70-80 thousand that I can currently find for the few GTE's being offered. willimas post stated that he could get the car for as much as 40,000.00 less than asking price.
If this is true, a PPI is a moot point for a car in the described condition that starts and runs. I am afraid that while William is kicking tires someone will come along with a cash offer and take it away. If this car is as described I know of five people that would buy it sight unseen today for cash, myself included.
A few problems and issues ( I am assuming the clock doesn't work ) isn't really that scary.