Steering wheel recovering

Moderators: 330GT, abrent

judge4re

Steering wheel recovering

Post by judge4re »

I asked this question on Fchat, and only Tom S. replied with anything sort of useful.

The steering wheel leather on my 365 has finally ripped in two spots. The padding underneath is still in good shape, so I only need the wheel recovered. Any leads on a good shop to do this?

Thanks,
Erik
365 GT4 2+2 (18759)
Mondial 8 (39343)
308 GTS QV (47071)
Stephanm

Post by Stephanm »

A man I know used to own a Hot Rod shop in Los Angeles. With 2 young kids he needed to get out and had family connections in my area so now I have hired him to do thousands of dollars in work. He is very professional and I will show him a wheel similar to yours to see if he could do such a job, ( I am sure that he can)
John Vardanian

Post by John Vardanian »

Stephan,

Paul Schwartz who keeps DaytonaRegistry.com had his wheel recovered last year. You may ask him. I beleive he was very happy with the results.

john
Al Canuck

Post by Al Canuck »

Hello,

My shop has done several BMW steering wheels with great success. I'm sure we could handle a Ferrari wheel as well. The job itself is fairly labour intensive, but not horribly expensive. about 5-6 hours to do the job right, at $45USD/hour, plus a bit of leather. Let me know if I can help.

Al - www.SeamsPerfect.ca