Welcome to the WWW Board

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Re: The 2+2 Slaughter!

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Sorry,

I don't know anything about these guys. Are you looking to save a GTE?

Tom
wwwboard

Re: The 2+2 Slaughter!

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Sorry,

I don't know anything about these guys. Are you looking to save a GTE?

Tom
wwwboard

Re: Trim Color--I stand corrected!!!!

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Wolfgang Rao

Tony...so owning a classic Ferrari is a never ending learning experience--as our Pope--Tom Yang--has already so clearly articulated. Since posting a follow up to your question about the rocker sill trim strip in January--and using the very definite term "never" in referance to the trim strip being painted, I have conducted a little informal and unscientific survey of all GTE owners with which I am in touch or from whom I have pictures! It turns out that two of about nine cars have body colored paint on these strips and both of these owners are positive that their strips were so painted from the factory! It gets worse!!! I decided to take mine off my car to have a closer look. Low and behold, while they are aluminized on their front, they too were at some time in the past painted, as they have remnants of the very pea green factory aluminum primer I spoke about previously on the back side of both strips!! There would have been no point in priming something you intended to anodize or polish!!!Not that your decision to paint them was likely to cause you sleeplessness for disturbing el comendatore's grand vision or sergio's grand design--but you can nonetheless now rest easy that neither of their ghosts will visit you for your restoration "sins"! In penance for my bald faced assertions I have allowed my wife to veto my choice of "rebellious" silver carpeting in favour of the original bordello burgundy!!!The gods of originality will hopefully be fully appeased! Never say "never" about anything done at Maranello in the 60's!!! Wolfgang
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Wolfgang Rao

Tony...so owning a classic Ferrari is a never ending learning experience--as our Pope--Tom Yang--has already so clearly articulated. Since posting a follow up to your question about the rocker sill trim strip in January--and using the very definite term "never" in referance to the trim strip being painted, I have conducted a little informal and unscientific survey of all GTE owners with which I am in touch or from whom I have pictures! It turns out that two of about nine cars have body colored paint on these strips and both of these owners are positive that their strips were so painted from the factory! It gets worse!!! I decided to take mine off my car to have a closer look. Low and behold, while they are aluminized on their front, they too were at some time in the past painted, as they have remnants of the very pea green factory aluminum primer I spoke about previously on the back side of both strips!! There would have been no point in priming something you intended to anodize or polish!!!Not that your decision to paint them was likely to cause you sleeplessness for disturbing el comendatore's grand vision or sergio's grand design--but you can nonetheless now rest easy that neither of their ghosts will visit you for your restoration "sins"! In penance for my bald faced assertions I have allowed my wife to veto my choice of "rebellious" silver carpeting in favour of the original bordello burgundy!!!The gods of originality will hopefully be fully appeased! Never say "never" about anything done at Maranello in the 60's!!! Wolfgang
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Wolfgang Rao