ferrari restoration fun.

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

ferrari restoration fun.

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by wendel price

tom: very much enjoying your restoration saga: I had wanted and America but could not find one at the time 3 years ago. Don't think i would have attempted what you are doing. Bought and intact but poorly maintained 330gt 2+2 instead for a very reasonable price. Redid the heads with a mechanic and a machinest friends but had trouble with the cam and distributer timing. That's how I met Francois who set it up well enough for me to take the car to the national FCA meet in Washington dc in 1998. He took the "David Letterman car" to that meet and won an award. Only recently solved my timing problems by putting in an electronic ignition(Crane Cams).
Plan on working on my brakes this winter(leaking cylinders). Did not realize that the rear decorative covers for the rear bumper braces were missing on my car: Were you offering assistance with your reproductions? Keep up the good work. Might drive up in the Spring if your car is still chez francois.
wwwboard

Re: ferrari restoration fun.

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Wendel,

Thank you for checking out my site!

I'm interested in the crane cams set up your ignition. Which kit did you use? Petronix can custom make one, but I don't know if it's worth the expense. Maybe I'll start selling them to make up the cost!

I know someone who is remanufacturing the chrome bumper bracket covers if you're interested.

Tom