Radio Thanks

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Radio Thanks

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tony

Tom,
After reviewing some of your project I looked at all the work that you put in your radio. The first time I looked at it I didn't give it a second thought. For some reason I was looking at some things and looked at it again. That made me look at my project. The radio looked like just a cheap unit and I threw it into a box.Unitl I looked further. It is somular to yours it is a Becker and I recalled that it worked. Normallly I would update it with some new unit, that wouldn't look as it should.
Thanks!
Any thoughts on the Becker unit. It is an AM/FM unit without weather. I spent some times cleaning it and it looks great.

Tony
wwwboard

Re: Radio Thanks

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Tony,

Beckers, like Blaupunkts, were and still are quality radios. Ferrari used these radios because they were some of the best radios availible. To get the most performance out an old radio, you'll need to use a speaker will work with that radio. Although I've used modern speakers with older radios, a simple full range speaker with low power requirements will work fine. I think I remember Mr. Wilkes from the Vintage radio repair shop (see my list of suppliers)saying that these radios only put out about 14 watts maximum, and really only operated at about 5 watts!

Tom