Wrinkle finish black paint

Ferrari Message Board Archive 10/00-8/02
wwwboard

Re: Wrinkle finish black paint

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Bruce Snowdon

I have had good success using spray cans of wrinkle black paint from Harley-Davidson dealers. The crankcases and transmissions on a lot of Harley's are painted with this. I have found it to be quite durable on the cam covers and the heat shields. With regards to baking the painted items, I made a cheap oven using a (new) metal garbage can and drilled a hole in the side to insert an infrared bulb. This heats up the garbage can nicely and easily holds the larger pieces.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Dr. Ian Levy

I obtained in the U.K.  wrinkle finish black paint made  called PJ1by PJH / PJ1 in Scottsdale Arizona.
It comes out very well but is very temperature sensitive, need to follow the instructions very closely.
Also can be removed from the aerosol VERY CAREFUL  & used in a normal spray gun
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Dr. Ian Levy

I obtained in the U.K.  wrinkle finish black paint made  called PJ1by PJH / PJ1 in Scottsdale Arizona.
It comes out very well but is very temperature sensitive, need to follow the instructions very closely.
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Dr. Ian Levy

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

I used PJ1 also, and liked it.  Also tried Plasti-cote, which seemed OK too. Some told me Eastwood's (mail order) is the best, others say to try the one sold by Harley-Davidson motorcycle shops. I have the feeling that most retail brands are made by the same one or two large paint companies.

So far, mine has stayed on (8 months and counting), which is all I'm asking!
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

I used PJ1 also, and liked it.  Also tried Plasti-cote, which seemed OK too. Some told me Eastwood's (mail order) is the best, others say to try the one sold by Harley-Davidson motorcycle shops. I have the feeling that most retail brands are made by the same one or two large paint companies.

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Deane

wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

I did not like the Eastwood wrinkle paint at all. I tried using it in varying conditions to see if the finish would get better, but nothing worked. Even in the heat of summer the paint only managed to give a fine grained wrinkle with some places not really wrinkling at all.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

I did not like the Eastwood wrinkle paint at all. I tried using it in varying conditions to see if the finish would get better, but nothing worked. Even in the heat of summer the paint only managed to give a fine grained wrinkle with some places not really wrinkling at all.

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Tom

Tom
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Todd Carroll

My name is Todd Carroll.  I am in charge of BRANDS SALES for VHT.  We currently manufacture a high quality wrinkle finish coating available in three colors.  Black, Red and Gray.  If you have any questions regarding VHT Wrinkle Finishes or any other of our High Temperature Coatings please feel free to contact me at (480) 991-8002 or by e-mail at Todd@PJHBRANDS.com

Thank you,

Todd Carroll
BRANDS SALESS, USA
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Todd Carroll

My name is Todd Carroll.  I am in charge of BRANDS SALES for VHT.  We currently manufacture a high quality wrinkle finish coating available in three colors.  Black, Red and Gray.  If you have any questions regarding VHT Wrinkle Finishes or any other of our High Temperature Coatings please feel free to contact me at (480) 991-8002 or by e-mail at Todd@PJHBRANDS.com

Thank you,

Todd Carroll
BRANDS SALESS, USA
wwwboard

Post by wwwboard »

Posted by Todd Carroll

Thank you,

Todd Carroll
BRANDS SALESS, USA